Friday, May 7, 2010

Ronald Gene Thompson

Ronald Gene Thompson, 66, of Wister, OK passed away Thursday, May 6, 2010 in Wister. Ronald was born July 7, 1943 in Cameron, OK to Charley & Lillian C. (Goines) Thompson. He was a carpenter. He was a veteran of the US Army. Ronald was preceded in death by his parents; 2 sisters, Alley Louise Thompson & Mary Boling; brother, Charles Thompson. Survivors include his wife, Sharon Kay Thompson of the home; daughter, Crystal Gayle Thompson of Oklahoma City, OK; stepdaughter, Estephanie Schreiver of Oklahoma City, OK; granddaughter, Carissa (Crissy) Tomlinson; 1 step granddaughter; 1 step grandson; 4 sisters, Anna Mae Grossnicklaus of Chickasha, OK, Shirlene Oliver of Poteau, OK, Eva Gail Garrett of El Reno, OK, Brenda May of Wister, OK; 5 brothers, J.B. Thompson of Calumet, OK, Charley Thompson Jr. of Poteau, OK, Dewayne Thompson of Panama, OK, James Michael Thompson of Shady Point, OK, Raymond Thompson of Poteau, OK; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services will be held 2 pm, Tuesday May 11, 2010 at Evans Chapel of Memories in Poteau, OK with Rev. Charles Phillips officiating. Interment will follow in Greenhill Cemetery, Cameron, OK. Pallbearers will be Cork Hamner, Jeff Hamner, Randy Duvall, Eldon Dugan, Jim Bollinger, & Carl Bollinger. The family will be at the funeral home on Monday evening May 10 from 6-8 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear brother I love you dearly and will miss you very much. My love and spirit is with all my family at this time. I wish so much I could be there but have been so ill that I can't make the trip. But I'm with you all in spirit. "Ronnie" is in a beautiful place with no more pain. He is with Dad and Mom and you all know that is making him smile downon us all, knowing what we have to look forward to.

Love you all dearly, Sis Eva Gail

Anonymous said...

To all of Ronnie's brothers and sisters, We love all of you dearly and will be praying for strength for all of you to get through this trying time.
Brenda you have been much like a daughter to me for so many years, I just wish there was something I could do to help you...all I can do is pray for you. God will get you through this. My Love, Linda Gail