Friday, May 31, 2013

Doyle W. Davis



Doyle W. Davis, 54 of Tulsa, passed away, Wednesday, May 29, 2013. He was born February 23, 1959 in Poteau, OK, son of Doyle Fay and Bessie Louise (Hathcoat) Davis. he was a 1977 graduate of Poteau High School. Doyle received his Bachelor Degree in Criminal Science from North Eastern State and then completed the Police Academy. He served 28 years with the Tulsa Police Dept. including 18 with the Motorcycle Division. After retirement he worked for the Tulsa Airport Security. He was a longtime member of the First Baptist Church of Poteau. Doyle is survived by his wife, Aracely; two daughters, Sharolyn and Aracely; mother and step-father, Louise and Richard (Dick) Searles and sisters, Elizabeth (Libby Ann) Schmidz and Ann Davis. Mr. Davis will lie in state Sunday from 1-3pm at the Freeman Harris Funeral Home in Tulsa, the funeral service will be held 10AM, Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at the Evans and Miller Funeral Home in Poteau followed by a graveside service with Full Honors by the Tulsa Police Dept. Honor Guard at the Oakland Cemetery, Poteau, Oklahoma.
 The family will be at Evans & Miller on Monday evening from 6-8 pm  to visit with relatives & friends.

8 comments:

Don Haney said...

The world will not be the same.

Clem and Pat Burroughs said...

Our prayers are with you all.

John Stevenson TPD 1968-1996. said...

A truly nice guy and a valued comrade on the Tulsa Police Department.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers to the Davis family. My heart has been so heavy this week with sadness, it was an honor to call you my friend! You will be missed, there is peace and comfort knowing you're in a much better place. Until we meet again my friend.
Gwen & Abby

Officer(Retired) HJ Romanski TAPD said...

I still and always will miss you my brother. Every night I still wait for you to call. I am proud to have been your best friend and I am so blessed that you were mine. I love and miss you so much. Give Doc, Pam and Cristopher Robin hugs for me and please take care of Malachi till I get there. Until we meet again Francis Newsbalum. Andi & I love you very much

Anonymous said...

5 years today - I miss hearing your voice to check on us and to see how we are doing. You are dearly missed. RIP Doyle! We miss you!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I just now found out why I haven't heard from you for so many years. What a dear friend you were for so many years. I am so saddened to find out this way. May you rest in peace my dear, lost friend!

Theresa and Greg Bush said...

This is so sad to read. When my husband and I ran a video store on Peoria, back in the late 80's, Doyle was our favorite visitor. We have talked about him often over the years, after leaving Tulsa. He was a good man. He was a kind man. Our condolences to his family.