Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bob Deleplank



Bob Deleplank, 74, of Poteau, OK passed away Thursday, May 02, 2013 at his home in Poteau.  Bob was born March 23, 1939 in Ft. Smith, AR to Frank & Pearl (Blair) Deleplank.  Bob worked for the City of Poteau for 27 years.  He was a Little League Baseball Coach in Poteau for over 23 years coaching many players and winning many games. Bob was preceded in death by his wife of 57 years, Artie; his parents; son in law, Steve Hastings; two sisters & one brother.

Survivors include his daughters & son in law, Dora & Richard Piersant, Debra Hastings of Poteau; sons & daughters in law, Bobby II & Dawn Deleplank, Hoss & Chantay Deleplank, Billy Deleplank of Poteau; 13 grandchildren; 14 great grandchildren; brother, Jerry Deleplank of Poteau; sisters, Frances Lomon of Paradise, TX; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends.

Services will be 2 pm, Monday, May 6, 2013 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK with Rev. Jim Cook officiating.  Interment will follow in Oakland Cemetery.  Pallbearers will be Billy Cook, Billy Cripps, Billy Ray Hoffman, Rocky Sumpter, Doug Stone, Rodney Hemphill.

The family will be at the funeral home on Sunday afternoon from 2-4 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

3 comments:

Groovyjules said...

Bob, you will never know how grateful I am to have gotten the chance to get to know you better and call you friend. I will miss our talks out on the patio. Know that there will be empty spot in my life that you left. Much love to you Bob, and may you rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

Dad, I wanna thank you for being the best dad a kid could ever have. You always made the best out of any situation. You & mom made miracles at every holiday for the family. I will miss you dearly and my life will never be the same. I only can hope to be half the man you were. I love you Dad.

Love, Billy

K. Stephens said...

You will be missed greatly. I first remember you when I was a teenager and living with my grandparents and my grandmother would go to the old senior citzen center and do ceramics and you worked in there. My grandmother always thought highly of you.