Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mary Edris Overby

Mary Edris Overby, 87, of Poteau, OK passed away Friday, November 7, 2008 in Tulsa, OK. She was born October 23, 1921 in Paris, AR to Edward G. & Monie Ella (Goldsworthy) Connaughton. She was preceded in death by her husband, Carl: son, Carl Jr; brother Ed "Sonny" Connaughton; and her parents. She loved life; wanted to make certain everyone was fed. She loved her cats and loved to read. She is survived by 2 sons, Stve & wife, Ros Overby of Austin, TX, Bill & wife Becky Overby of Muskogee, OK; 2 daughters, Mary Ellen Grant of Tulsa, OK, Shirley Overby of Poteau, OK; 1 brother, Bill Connaughton of Poteau, OK; 1 sister, Helen Boolos of Greenwood, MS; 1 daughter in law, Linda Overby of Phoenix, AZ; 10 grandchildren; 8 great grandchildren; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Rosary: 7 pm, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK. Services: 2pm, Monday, November 10, 2008 at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Poteau with Father Valentine officiating. Interment: Oakland Cemetery. Pallbearers: Steve Overby, Bill Overby, Connor Overby, Kyle Overby, Justin Harland & Josh Grant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Ellen, It's been some 40 years since we've visited with one another...but Mom would comment she had heard from your mom, and update me about you.
My heartfelt sympathy to you and family, we will lift you up especially tomorrow. Our love and prayers. I Peter 5:7
Joe and Jill (Gabbert) Bagwell

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Mary,
You have been heavy on my heart and in my thoughts for some time now. I have lost contact with you and I decided to search the internet when I found this site. I am so truly sorry for the loss of your Mother. She was a sweet lady as are you. I long to hear from you.
Friends forever,
Phyllis Miller

Lana Gardnet said...

Hi Maryellen Do u remember me? This is Lana Gardnet my last name is Mortzfield I was looking you up on my phone internet and my heart sank when I saw your Mom my heart & prayers r wth u & ut family our family loved your family sooo much!!!! Please contact me on facebook Lana Mortzfield or my email lm3691@hotmail.com I love u Maryellen & praying I hear frm u my lifetime frnd!!! I am still looking fr u on facebook all my love to u & ur family I have.'t seen u sence the early 1960.'s Lana Mortzfield

Unknown said...

Hi Mary Ellen,this is Lana,Gardner,now Lana Mortzfield just thinkking of you today,trying to find you,remembering visiting you in Oklahoma & My dad Steve Gardner w
As always close to Carl,your Dad,My Mom was close to tour Mom ,this is my second comment on here,hoping u will find me on Fb My name on Fb is Lana Mortzfield,live in Michigan my picture is a black profilr of a yoga girl, sending my live to all & Blessings for all of you ,live you Lana Mortzfield xoxoxo