Saturday, November 29, 2008

Donnie Ray Riggs I

Donnie Ray Riggs I, of Monroe, OK, passed away on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at St. Edward Mercy Medical Center in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Donnie was born on March 6, 1952 in Clayton, Arizona to Cratus Ray & Cordelia Fern (Wilcox) Riggs. He was a heavy equipment operator Donnie attended schools in Cameron, Tarby, & Poteau. He graduated from Indio High School in 1970 then went to Mechanical School for 2 years at the College of the Desert. He worked as a roofer throughout the United States with his brother Kenneth Riggs. In 1975 he met and married the love of his life, Phyllis Dellamedaglia. They were wed on November 16, 1975 and recently celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary. He is preceded in death by his parents, Cratus Ray & Cordelia Fern (Wilcox) Riggs; a son, Donnie Riggs II; 8 sisters and 1 brother. Donnie is survived by his beloved wife of 34 years, Phyllis Riggs of the home; 2 daughters, Katrina & husband Ramon Casados of Fayetteville, AR & Danielle Riggs & fiance’ Justin Rhoades of Conneat Lake, PA; 4 grandchildren, David “Spud” Casados of the home, Kruz Casados, Griffen & MahrKi Johnson; a brother & sister in law, Connie & Linda Riggs of Vinita, OK; and a brother in law, Charles Hurley of Spiro, OK; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives & loved ones; and many beloved friends. Fuenral services for Donnie were held at 10:00 am, Monday, December 1, 2008 at Evans Chapel of Memories in Poteau, Oklahoma with the Reverend Marshall Faulkenberry & the Reverend Jimmy D. Cook officiating. Interment followed the services at Monroe Cemetery in Monroe, OK with arrangements under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home of Poteau, OK. Pallbearers were Justin Rhoades, Jeff Burger, Eldon Faulkenberry, Jr., Justin Dill, Dennis Wilson, & Jim Berngen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Dad

Danielle

phyllis said...

I miss and love you so much! Its been hard but Im doing the best I can do! Give our son a hug for me and tell him I love him!I feel you two around at times. Love you my dear sweet husband!

proudnana said...

Phyllis, I'm so sorry to hear about Donnie and Donnie.
I don't know if you remember me ,I was married to Ben and we used to BBQ together with our kids Tiffany and Benji and yours Katrina Danielle and Lil Donnie.
I've thought of you often over the years.
The last I heard from you guys was when you were leaving Indio and going back to Pennysylvania.
Don't know if or when you will see this but wanted to say so sorry for your loss. Donnie was a nice guy.
Was happy to know all of you. If you want to contact me I will include my email address below.
Sincerely,
Karyn(Ortiz) Myers
Nanakaryn@fmail.com

Anonymous said...

Correction to my email address for Phyllis Riggs, it is nanakaryn@gmail.com not fmail. Sorry for the mistake. Thanks,
Karyn