Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ruby Ellot Bailey

Ruby Ellot Bailey, 78, of Heavener, OK passed away Wednesday, May 27, 2009 in Ft. Smith, AR. Ruby was born July 7, 1930 in Hominy, OK to William Payton & Edna E. (Privett) Tucker. She was a homemaker. Ruby was preceded in death by her parents; sister, Juanita Huber; brother, Jimmy Tucker; grandchildren, Patty Box & Julie Ford; great grandson, Christian Harper; stepdaughter, Vickie Cox. Survivors include her husband, George Bailey of the home; 4 daughters, Kathie Ford of Howe, OK, Mary Mullenax of Olathe, KS, Brenda Garland of Poteau, OK, Ruby Ann Himes of Heavener, OK; 2 sons, Larry Milligan of Panama, OK, James Milligan of Poteau, OK, sister, Ruth Wilson of Choctaw, OK, brother, Joe Tucker of Bartlesville, OK, 34 Grandchildren; a wealth of great grandchildren; 6 stepchildren, Georgie Bailey of Panama, OK, Eddie Bailey of Atoka, OK, Johnny Bailey of Cowlington, OK, David Bailey of Panama, OK, Carl Bailey of Wister, OK, Steven Bailey of Atoka, OK; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services will be 2 pm, Friday, May 29, 2009 at the First Church of the Nazarene in Wister, OK with Rev. Roger Himes & Rev. PJ Atkinson officiating. Interment will follow in Ellis Chapel Cemetery, Wister, OK under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home, Poteau, OK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can only tell you that I know the feeling of losing a mother-It is a loss that lasts a lifetime. I lost my mother 17 years ago and I still have times when I need to talk to her.................My family and I are here for you-all of you-anytime -anywhere

Debby Martindale and family

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Debby for your comment. We miss Mom so much. i have cared for her, with help from my sisters, for six months. Now, everything I do seems different. When I go to the store, I think about what Mom wanted me to pick the last time. When I go to bed, I wonder if she is going to call from her room across the hall. She is in heaven now, but a part of her will always be right here with me. I will never regret the last few months of caregiving for her; I just hope she knew how much I loved her even when I was exhausted. She opened her eyes for just a few seconds to say goodbye to my sister Ruby Ann and I. We will always be grateful to God for that sweet last moment. She left this world humming a Christian song just as she had spent most of her life singing. Mom was our music director. All six of her children learned to sing and play by her side. She also taught me about Jesus and I will always be grateful to her. Even though there were a few years that things went wrong, Mom came back to God and left this world with a song. I love you Mom, Brenda