Friday, May 18, 2012

Shane Derrick "Doc" Owens

Shane Derrick “Doc” Owens, 30, formerly of Shady Point, OK died Thursday, May 10, 2012 in Orlando, FL. Shane was born December 3, 1981 in Hyden, KY. He was a Paramedic in Orlando, FL, an Iraq war veteran and a Medic in the US Army Reserves. He is survived by his parents, Brenda Shelton of Shady Point, OK and Ronnie Owens of Burning Springs, KY; sister & brothers, Brittany Owens & family, Heath Owens all of Poteau, OK, Christopher Owens & family of Red Oak, OK; an honorary brother, Stewart Eubanks and family of Orlando, FL; along with grandparents, Ronald and Doris Shelton of Shady Point, OK and Abbie Owens Brumley and Walter Brumley of Manchester, KY; numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, other relatives and brothers and sisters in both the Army and EMS with whom he served. Services will be 1 pm, Monday, May 21, 2012 graveside at the Fort Smith National Cemetery, Fort Smith, AR with Rev. Steve Hughes officiating. Pallbearers will be Stewart Eubanks, Chris Owens, Heath Owens and Randall Shelton. The family will be at the funeral home on Sunday afternoon from 2-4 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

12 comments:

Stewart Eubanks said...

My brother and best friend. A piece of me will forever be missing. My love, prayers, and support continue to be with his family. He touched so many lives in his time with us and I am so grateful one of them was mine.

jfrazieremt said...

RIP Shane. You were loved and highly respected by many.

CINDY [VICKIE ] MATHIS said...

SHANE I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO KNOW YOU BUT YOU ARE MY COUSIN I SAW YOU ONCE WHEN YOU WAS VERY SMALL WHEN YOU LIVED IN KY YOU WILL BE MISSED WE LOVED YOU TO THE FAMILY YOU ARE ALL IN OUR PRAYERS WE LOVE YOU ALL

Dad said...

LOVE YOU. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

Dad said...

rest in peace my son and thank you for your service. i love you. Dad

Randy Eubanks said...

A good soldier and caring paramedic who proudly served his country and community well. A beloved friend and "adopted" son. You will always be in our hearts. Rest well, my friend.
Randy & Corrine Eubanks and Family
Orlando, Florida

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken for your loss. I pray that God gives you strength and comfort during this time and in the months ahead. Remembering the family in my prayers.
Anita Ponds

SFC SAnchez said...

FROM A BROTHER IN ARMS:
God speed my brother
see you soon

SFC/E-7 RET
Carlos A Sanchez
TF 1-6 FA BN, 1st INF DIV
Bamberg, Germany

Brit said...

Love and Miss you so much. <3
Forever in our Hearts.

Anonymous said...

My family is praying god will help them through this now and in time too .thank you Shane for severing our county.you are a angel in heaven now hope you rip dear child.love to all your family and friends,Brenda Jackson

Anonymous said...

We never had a chance to "see where things go". You always knew how to make me smile and laugh, even on the hardest days. You will never be forgotten...until we meet again.

Damaris said...

My love for u is endless.....I miss u so very much...I wish our time wasn't cut so short....Sarai n Sadia misses u so much as well ....I know it wasnt mentioned but you are and will always be survived by your loving girlfriend and future wife Damaris and daughthers Sarai and Sadia.....we love u....xoxoxo