Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wanda Lucille Meeks


 Wanda Lucille Meeks, 77, of Wister, OK passed away Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at her home.  Wanda was born December 16, 1944 in Wister to Jay & Goldie (Jones) Hicks.  She was preceded in death by her parents; 1 sister; 1 brother; and granddaughter, Autum Nichole Meeks.

 

Survivors include her husband of 58 years, Donald Meeks; son, Little Don and wife Glenda Meeks of Hodgen, OK; daughter, Tanya & husband Shane Blanchard of Poteau, OK; grandchildren, Taylor Strother & Jalene Amason of Mena, OK,  Shane, Caleb, & Jaxon Blanchard of Poteau, OK; great granddaughter, Everleigh Grace Strother of Mena, AR; brother, Darrell Hardy of  Modesto, CA;  other relatives, loved ones and friends.

 

Services will be  10 am, Friday, January 7, 2022 graveside at Ellis Chapel Cemetery, Wister, OK with Wayne Woolery officiating.  Pallbearers will be Monty & Winston Lenington, Jackson & Mike Culwell, Shane Blanchard Jr., Mark Mason, Johnny Paul Free.  Honorary pallbearer – Caleb Blanchard.  Visitation will be 6-8 pm, Thursday at the funeral home.

4 comments:

Shirley Marsh said...

My dear Cousin; I have know you all my life I think you were two when I was born. We had so much fun together with Monnie and Sherry and Gwen. I love you so much and never thought I’d lose you so soon. My deepest sympathy to Don and Don and Glenda. You’ve earned your wings and are flying high. Watch over us. We’ll keep you in our ♥️

Joan Wilson said...

My sincere condolences. I met Wanda and Don a few years ago at the beauty shop. I fell in love with this sweet couple.
There relationship was full of love. Don had Wanda on his own pedestal and it was beautiful.

Thoughts and prayers for Don and the entire family today, tomorrow, and the days ahead.

Ruby Nelson said...

Don I am so sorry for your loss. I have great memories of Wanda & you. My prayers are with you & Little Don & your family.

Rjn in said...

Don,I am so sad to hear of Wanda's passing. You & your family are in my prayers. I know this is a very sad time for you all. I have very fond memories of time spent with Wanda & you. Sincerely, Ruby Nelson.