Friday, April 2, 2010

Mary Katheryn Keck

Mary Katheryn Keck, 78, of Calhoun, OK passed away Thursday, April 1, 2010 in Calhoun. Mary Katheryn was born April 8, 1931 in Calhoun, OK to Pierce & Maddie (Hill) Keck. She taught school in Calhoun and Keota for 54 years until her retirement. She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Duncan Keck. She is survived by her nephew, Billy Keck; numerous cousins; other relatives & friends. Services will be held 2 pm, Monday, April 5, 2010 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK with Rev. Tommy Brown officiating. Interment will follow in Shady Point Cemetery, Shady Point, OK. Pallbearers will be Elmer Bowden, Terry Monks, Daniel Monks, Wes Weaver and Lee Bowden

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Keck was a beacon of encouragement and love to hundreds of children including myself. I remember how scared I was to go to school, then I met Miss Keck and I have loved school since. She will always be loved by those of us lucky enough to have entered her classroom. Her death is a great loss to us all.
With deepest sympathy,
Lori Nixon Nelson

Billy said...

We are so sorry to see her pass, I hope the Family is well,
The McBride family sends Condolisess to all who attend.

Billy McBride

Anonymous said...

I remember Mrs. Keck when I was a little boy going to school from kindergarten through second grade.
My dad and uncles had her when they attended Keota schools. Mrs. Keck was my reading teacher and taught me how to read. the last time I saw Mrs. Keck was about 3 or 4 years ago and she remembered me after I told her my name from all those years ago. Mrs.Keck was a loving and passionate woman. She had a heart for all the kids in Keota. Mrs. Keck I will always remember you. Your family in in our prayers. We will see her again someday.

Sincerely the Blaylock Family