Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ellis Wayne Short

Ellis Wayne Short, 67, of Poteau, OK passed away on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at his home in Poteau, Oklahoma. Wayne was born on July 26, 1942 in Ranger, TX to Henry Thurman & Alma Lucille (Payne) Short. He attended Church of God 7th Day in Wister, OK & was an architectural designer, designing many homes & offices in Tulsa, Poteau, and around the country before retiring in 2007. He was a charter member and the first president of Oklahoma Institute of Building Design. Wayne also loved ministering to people, especially to children. He founded New Life Ministries & New Life Publications, offering gospel literature at no charge or at printing cost. He wrote several booklets, treatises, and tracts, including “In Defense of the KJV.” His parents & a daughter, Elizabeth Montgomery precedes Wayne in death. Wayne is survived by his wife, Janet (Troxell) Short of the home; 2 sons, Clifford A. Short of Tahlequah, OK & William P. Short of Tulsa, OK; 2 daughters, Rebecca V. Wright & Sharla Maben, both of Tahlequah, OK; a stepdaughter & son in law, Laura & Patrick Ng; 22 grandchildren, 1 great granddaughter, 2 sisters, Belinda Filkins of Connecticut & Fayla Gooch of Oklahoma City, OK; a brother, Stanley A. Short of Glenpool, OK; numerous other relatives & loved ones and many beloved friends. Funeral services for Wayne were held at 2:00 pm Monday, September 7, 2009 at Church of God 7th day in Wister, OK with Elder Chip Hinds officiating. Interment followed the services in Oakland Cemetery, Poteau, OK with arrangements under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home of Poteau, OK. Pallbearers were Hank Wright, Jesse Merchant, Richard Baker, Keith Bynum, Axel Valle, & Scot Knight. Honorary pallbearers were Lee Thompson, Chuck Evans & Billy Woodral.

7 comments:

Becky Wright said...

Daddy, I know you can't read this, for certainly there is no sorrow in eternity with Jesus, and you would be sorrowful to know of our sorrow-- since you've gone on ahead of us. We WILL see you again! We will trust in the promises of God, through our tears, knowing that soon God will wipe all our tears away, when we are all reunited at the LORD's return. I will love you forever. Your daughter, Becky

Janet S. said...

My husband of 26 years. What will I do without you? Still and all, I know you could say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight; I have finished the course; I have kept the faith." Wayne taught me and taught everyone he came in contact with, to be a better, more godly person. And it is a struggle, a fight, a race to be all that we can be, all that we are designed to be, like our Creator and our great example, Jesus of Nazareth. Wayne was not a perfect man and all those close to him know how hard he was to live with. He was a mover and shaker, never content with "just good enough" but always wanting more from himself and everyone else. His voice will always be a part of me, urging me to a higher plane. What a light in a dark world!

Unknown said...

Janet, We are so sorry to hear of your loss. May God comfort you and your family in this time of need.
Don & Sue Knight, Inola

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you, my dear friend. Rest in peace until that day you hear the shout and the trumpet to awaken you to life eternal with your beloved Savior and Lord!

~Jon

Becky Wright said...

Janet, my heart feels SO heavy today... as I'm sure yours does-- all the more. You were (and are) a wonderful "second mom" to me, and forever will be. This dark and heavy cloud of grief seems overwhelming, and threatens to never lift... although we know better. Time will help, but GOD and His precious promises are the MOST help, hope, and healing in these dark, sad days. I am with you, God is with you, and Dad will be with you in a different, but indelible, way. Much, MUCH love, Becky

Unknown said...

Dear Janet; Clifford, Becky, William, Sharla & Laura.
I know you will all miss Wayne, however, I know you can rest, knowing that your entire family will one day be together, again.
I did not always see eye to eye with Wayne, however,I do know he Loved the Lord and he stood strong for what he beleived.
Love your sister Carolyn and Aunt Carolyn

Sue Ann Loggains said...

To the family of Wayne Short, I just wanted to let you know while I only interacted with Wayne for a short time, while he designed our home. He was a delight to work with. The light of Christ was evident in him and my life is richer for knowing him. God Bless you in this season of mourning...may the sun rise soon in your heart. Sue Ann Loggains