Friday, September 4, 2009

Ella Jane Reaves

Ella Jane Reaves, 67, of Pocola, Oklahoma passed from this life to Heaven after a long, courageous fight with cancer. She was born on October 28, 1941 in Pocola, OK to P.W. & Francis (Cruson) Gray. Ella Jane was an elementary school teacher, beginning her career in education at Jefferson Davis Elementary in Oklahoma City in 1962, taught at Raymond F. Orr in Fort Smith, AR & retired from Poteau Elementary in 2003. She was a member of Pocola United Methodist Church. Ella Jane will be remembered for her elegant, classy style, her fun and witty humor, and most of all her deepest love and affection for her family. Her daily presence in their lives will be greatly missed. She will be remembered as a kind, loving wife, mother, daughter, Memee & friend. She was preceded in death by her father, PW Gray. Ella Jane is survived by her beloved husband, George Reaves of the home; a son & daughter in law, Britt & Jaymi Reaves of Pocola, OK; two grandchildren, Hayden & Alyssa Reaves, her mother Francis Gray, and many family members & friends. A celebration of Ella Jane’s life was held at 10:00 am Saturday, September 5, 2009 at Evans Memorial Chapel in Pocola, OK with the Reverend Jimmy D. Cook officiating. Arrangements were under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home of Pocola, OK.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The son went to his mother. He picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And he sang this song:
I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my Mom you will be.

Britt

Britt said...

Missing you today...

Anonymous said...

I love you Mom. I think about you each day.

Anonymous said...

If you were here, I know she would be too. You were the mother she always needed and the friend she never had. You always knew what to say or what advise to give. She said you taught her how to accept me and love me during the times when she had no answers and no fight left. Now she is gone too and I am overcome with grief again.

Unknown said...

I love you and miss you. My heart hurts.

Anonymous said...

I can't go a day without thinking about you. My heart hurts knowing that I can't see you for a long time. I will make you proud. I love you.

Unknown said...

I love and miss you more every day. I put pretty flowers on your grave.

Unknown said...

October is creeping closer and I keep remembering how much you loved decorating for Halloween. You made everything special. The longer you're away, the deeper I hurt. I'll love you forever.