Monday, September 28, 2015

Joy Baker



Laurna Joyce "Joy" Baker, 66, of Bokoshe, OK passed away Sunday, September 27, 2015 in Ft. Smith, AR.  Joy was born December 17, 1948 in Poteau, OK to Virgil & Mary (Williams) Bledsoe.  She was a homemaker.  Joy attended church at Dog Creek & Latham . She was preceded in death by her brother, Virgil Stephen Bledsoe.



Survivors include her husband, Robert of the home; daughter, Joanie Lynnette Johnson of Bokoshe, OK; son, Christopher Lawrence Dietrich of Bokoshe, OK; 5 grandchildren, Jessica & Greg Jackson, Kalea & Michael Wilson, Brooke & Tim Wallace, Coby Johnson and Kelsey Dietrich; great grandchildren, Lexton, Payton & Ryley; parents, Virgil Bledsoe of Calhoun, OK, Mary French of Colcord, OK; sisters, Gayle Guinn of Calhoun, OK, Jeannie Mouse of Colcord, OK; brothers, Kent Bledsoe of Calhoun, OK, Johnny French of Siloam Springs, AR; other relatives, loved ones and friends.



Services will be 2 pm, Friday, October 2, 2015 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK with Rev. Elmer Bowden officiating.  Interment will follow in Shady Point Cemetery.Pallbearers will be Coby Johnson, Cliff Baker, Neal Murray, Colton Bledsoe, Greg Jackson & Chris Dietrich.



The family will be at the funeral home on Thursday evening from 6-8 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

2 comments:

rudybledsoe said...

I am so shocked to hear that my cousin Joyce has passed away. We spent many wonderful days together in our youth, and I will always remember her fondly. I wish so very much I could be there for her services, but it is just not possible at this time. All her family and friends have my deepest sympathies and prayers. Joyce, rest in peace.

Rudy Bledsoe

Anonymous said...

I am shocked to hear of Joyce passing. My family and I lived in Calhoun for many years, where I grew up. I went to school with Kent and Joanie. My parents knew the Bledsoe's many years ago. My condolences and prayers to the family. RIP Joyce.

Janice Mayser-Gray