Friday, December 7, 2012

Ruth Wilson



        Ruth Wilson, 79, of Poteau, OK passed away Friday, December 07, 2012 in Ft. Smith, AR.  Ruth was born July 6, 1933 in Glendale, OK to Wilburn Perry & Ida Mae (Balentine) Glenn.  She was a member of Southside Baptist Church in Poteau.  She was a retired hair dresser.  The love of Ruth’s life was the “Special Olympics” and the Democratic Party.  Ruth was preceded in death by her parents; 6 brothers, Lawrence, Loren, Cecil, John, Oscar & Fred;  and son, Jerry Bob Thompson.
          Survivors include her daughter  & son in law, Glenda Ruth (Thompson) & Wayne Hey of OKC;  2 grandchildren, Shelli Hey & special friend, Linda Holmes,  Kyle Hey; 4 great grandchildren; other relatives & loved  ones; many beloved friends.
            Services will be  2pm Monday, December 10, 2012  in Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau with Bill Willis and Kenneth Corn, Rev. Jeff Bengs & Rev. Jim Cook  officiating. Interment will be in Mt. View Cemetery, Glendale, OK.  Pallbearers will be Marion Fry, Lance Smith, Bruce Curnutt, Jerry Balentine and Neil Brannon, Mike Rothermel.   Honorary pallbearers will be Roger Miller, Randell Foster, Philip Zearley and Chris Caldwell.
      The family will be at the funeral home on Sunday afternoon from 2-4 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sure sorry to hear about mrs. Ruth,, may god comfort the family at this time

Unknown said...

Ruth you were a great lady with a heart of gold! I love you and will miss you dearly.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

Ruth, I know you meant the world to Shelli & Linda, they loved sharing wonderful stories about you..You will be dearly missed...

Anonymous said...

I miss you Mrs.Ruth....You were there for me and stood up for me when no one else would...

Unknown said...

Hey Ruth, I really miss you a lot. You were better to me than my own mother. I love you and miss you every day. I really miss you when I have a problem I need your advice on.