Sunday, November 23, 2014

John Carter



John Carter, 47 of Pocola, OK passed away on Friday, November 21, 2014 after a battle with cancer.  John was a graduate of Pocola High School Class of 1985.  He had been a security sergeant at Sparks Hospital and also worked 25 years at Whirlpool as well as the Mansfield Juvenile Treatment Center.  John was a beloved son, father and grandfather.

He is survived by his girlfriend, Kayte; mother, Linda; father, John Sr.; sister, Lisa; 3 sons, Jordan, Tony & Shane; one grandson, Evan; many friends & family.  John touched many lives and will be dearly missed.

Services will be 2 pm, Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at Woodlawn Cemetery, Ft. Smith, AR with Rev. Jim Cook officiating.  Interment will follow.  Pallbearers will be Jordan Carter, Tony Carter, Shane Holliday, Jimmy Collie, Britt Reaves and Todd France.  Honorary pallbearers will be George Reaves, Robert Smith, Troy Smith, and Tim McGowan.

The family will be that the funeral home on Monday from 5-7 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would give anything to hear you say "Hey Bear and Love you sis!" just one more time. I will love you forever!!!

Sharon Nugent said...

It is so hard to lose someone from your family and friends, especially someone as young as John. I know he had a large circle of friends and family that will miss him always. My prayers go out to all of you that all the good memories will be of help in this time of loss.

Sharon & Wayne Nugent

Unknown said...

To Carter's Family, I am unable to come to viewing or services due to work, he is not an immediate family so my jobs do not allow me to go. My condolences are with them family, and praying for strength and comfort. He was a very special friend to me. I hate to see him go, but on the other hand he is lucky not to be here with all this hate in the world.... R.I.P. Carter...

Unknown said...

You will be missed

Unknown said...

John I'm going to miss you coming through the unit, stopping to chat and swap stories. Always there when we needed you. Rest in peace my friend.

Kasey Weaver

Anonymous said...

Prayers are with your family tonight and always. Thank you for many laughs and special memories given to so many people. Your laugh still echoes in my mind and your smile still illuminates childhood memories. RIP John, you are missed by many.
Nettie Goodman