Friday, June 13, 2014

Monty Burton



Monty C. Burton, 63, of Heavener, OK  passed away Sunday, June 1, 2014 in Talihina, OK.  Monty was born December 19, 1950 in Poteau, OK to Earl & Nadean (Justice) Burton.  He was a teacher.  Monty was a veteran of the US Navy.  He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Teresa Burton & brother, Phil Burton.

Survivors include his daughter Sarah Burton French & husband Randal of Heavener, OK; sons, Ross Green of Talihina, OK, Ryan Green of McAlester, OK; grandchildren, Ross Green II, Shelby Green, Emmalie Green, Jacee Green, Randal French II, Cash French; sister Connie Heins & husband, Robert of Spring, TX.

Graveside services will be held 2 pm, Saturday, June 14, 2014 at Nubbin Ridge Cemetery, (Panama/Bokoshe) with Rev. Scott Martin officiating.

5 comments:

jeff said...

Monty, you were a great friend and brother-in-law. Rest in Peace I'll see you later.

Gary Ollie said...

Monty was a mentor to me when I needed it the most, and was always there for me. I wish I could've come home to say my good-byes before he left us all. I loved Monty. He will always have a special place in my heart.

Gary Ollie

Sharon said...

I just found out about Monty. He was a good friend of mine. I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the funeral.(I have cancer & been in & out of the hospital). My Prayers & Love go to Sarah & her family. Monty always had a smile for everyone. He would help anyone he could. Monty-you will be missed, but never forgotten. Rest in peace & give My Philly a Big Hug for me. I Love You Monty. Now You can be with Your True Love -Teresa again.

Sharon Armstrong

Brenda Burton said...

Monty was a great guy and a brother-in-law! You will be missed!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I will truly miss my Monty. He loved you so very much. ~ Tammie