Friday, September 2, 2022

Gertie Lee (Embrey) Hill

Gertie Lee (Embrey) Hill

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9

In the early evening of September 1, 2022, Gertie Lee Hill at long last embraced her beloved Savior, Jesus Christ.

Abraham Lincoln said, “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”  Gertie’s children Debora Junell Brown, Kimberly Kay Jenkins (husband Tommy) and James Brian Hill (wife Cathy), attest to his words.  They are grateful for the legacy their mother leant to each of them in her eighty years of life.

She was born on October 9, 1941, 5 miles west of Shady Point, Oklahoma.  Gertie served from the early age of 30 alongside her beloved husband James Edward Hill in ministry. Enjoying 63 years of marriage, they pastored churches across the state of Oklahoma. Thousands of people came to know Christ through their tireless work.

 

Along with her husband, James, they founded and pastored Bethel Lighthouse Church in Panama, Oklahoma.  Gertie was an ordained minister with the Pentecostal Faith Fellowship and was a licensed Minister with the Assemblies of God.

Gertie and James’ beloved grandchildren are Joshua Hammers, Brittany Jenkins (fiancé Joshua Bennett), Brent Jenkins (wife Kyla), Tera Stewart (husband Bobby), Evan Holt (wife Katie), Shelby Bunch, Steeleman Brown, Slater Brown, Bailey Hill (wife Anya), Beau Hill, Lily Hill and Ava Joy Hill.  As well as great grandchildren, Kyjia Jenkins, Kruze Jenkins, Kamdin Jenkins, Drake Jenkins, Rayna Jo Jenkins, Bobby Stewart Jr., Bradly Stewart, Lincoln Harvel, Olivia Harvel, Emmitt Holt, Ethan Holt and Alta Marie Holt. Special heartfelt thanks to our hospice angel Lori Shropshire who held our hand until the very end with our mother and father.

Gertie and James also welcomed and loved over thirty foster children through the years, including Corie and his girls, Athena and Ariah McFeeters.

Gertie was preceded in death by her husband James Edward, as well as her parents, two brothers and six sisters.

She was dearly loved by her family at Bethel Lighthouse Church in Panama, Oklahoma. Visitation and Gertie’s Celebration service will be at Bethel Lighthouse Church located at 707 Indiana in Panama, Oklahoma on Monday, September 5, 2022, from 6-8pm and her Celebration service at 2pm on Tuesday, September 6, 2022.

Donations may be in Gertie’s name to Bethel Lighthouse Church building fund, P.O. Box 1012, Panama, Oklahoma 74951.

Those who mourn her recall these words also of Lincoln, “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” 

Gertie’s faithful prayers live on for those she loved in her long and grace filled life.  We rejoice with her for the beautiful memories she leaves behind and the eternal life she now enjoys.

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:7-8


 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee was the best person I have ever know
She ment the world to me and kept me sane through some hard times Praying all the way through it giving me the strength I needed
I will miss her smile and wisdom so much
I very Blessed to have called her my Friend

Anonymous said...

I had the privilege and honor of hearing Gertie preach at our home church. Her words will forever be remembered and cherish them in my heart. Prayers and blessings to you all.
With love and sympathy,
Heather Rios

Howard Clark said...

“Knowing you, Jesus, there is no greater thing. You’re my all Lord, you’re the best. You’re my joy, my righteousness …. and I love you, Lord.” For the life you lived Gertie, may you rest in peace.

rudybledsoe said...

We all love and miss you. May you rest in peace.

rudybledsoe said...

We all love and miss you. May you rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

“Knowing you, Jesus, there is no greater thing. You’re my all, you’re the best. You’re my joy, my righteousness… and I love you, Lord.” Gertie, for your years of service to the Lord, rest in peace.

HC3

Anonymous said...

I love her very much she changed my life she will be truly missed

Anonymous said...

She was the best Mother a kid or foster kid could have!