Saturday, March 27, 2021

Billy Shropshire

 


Billy Shropshire, 63, passed away Friday, March 26, 2021 at Summerfield, Oklahoma.  Billy was born November 7, 1957 in Hobbs, New Mexico to Leonard and Geneva (Dison) Shropshire.

 

Survivors include wife, Lori (Aud) Shropshire of the home; daughters, Misty Burt and Bryan of Hennessey, OK, Lori Cooper and Chris of Clarksville, TN, and Destiny Rolen and Ashley of  Ft. Smith, AR; sons, Billy Shropshire, Jr. and Martha of Sapulpa, OK, and Blake Shropshire of Summerfield, OK; brothers Melvin Shropshire and Mary of Midland, TX and Gary Harris and Angie of Kingston, OK; sister, Michelle Ellison of TX.; grandkids, Aschton Shropshire, Taelor Shropshire, Colton Cleere, Randee K. McPherson, Tyler Cooper, Brittany Cooper, Mackenzie Cooper, Austin Shropshire, Ruth Shropshire, and Kori Shropshire; great grandkids, Ryker Shropshire,Weston Shropshire, Ozzella Mae Ford, and one on the way.  He is also survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives, loved ones, and friends.

 

Billy was preceded in death by his parents Leonard and Geneva Shropshire; his daughter, Taylor Rolen; sisters, Deborah K. Hopkins, Mary Turnage, Kathy Shropshire; and brother Brandon Ellison.  

 

Funeral services will be held 2pm Monday, March 29, 2021 at Evans Chapel of Memories in Poteau, Oklahoma with Tracey Loyd officiating.   Burial will follow in the Summerfield Cemetery under the direction of Evans and Miller Funeral Home.

 

Pallbearers will be Tommy Shropshire, Melvin Shropshire, Austin Shropshire, Colton Cleere, Aschton Shropshire, Gary Harris, and Blake Shropshire .  Honorary pallbearers will be Ruth Shropshire, Kori Shropshire, Taelor Shropshire, Randee McPherson, Tyler Cooper, Mackenzie Cooper, Brittany Cooper, Destiny Rolen, and Ashley Rolen.

 

Viewing will be Sunday 12pm-8pm.  You may leave an online message at evansandmillerfuneralhomes.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lord bless and keep the Shropshire family through this sorrowful time.

Unknown said...

I've always felt lucky to of been introduced into the Shropshire family twice. I've been loved as a niece and a younger sister. Either way I love Uncle Bill very much. my heart goes out to others. Bill was a great man. I was very lucky to of been apart of there family growing up. And have been abel to use his advise as a young adult. Love you lotts.

Lori Ann Shropshire said...

My life, my love, my best friend. Blake and I are broken and lost. The house feels so empty and strange. Blake and I miss and love you so much. I will always be your loving wife. Give our beautiful girl Taylor lots of hugs and kisses for me. All my love till my last breath.