Thursday, February 6, 2020

Lee Liddy Sr.


Lee Liddy Sr., 77, of Shady Point, OK passed away Thursday, February 06, 2020 in Ft. Smith, AR.  Lee was born September 9, 1942 in Pontiac, MI to Carl & Coleen Liddy.  He was retired from the US Air Force/Air National Guard.  He also retired from the Oklahoma Vo-Tech where he served as an OSHA Safety Instructor.  Lee was preceded in death by his parents; and brothers, Carl Liddy Jr. & Danny Liddy.

Survivors include his wife of 23 years, Yvonne;  children, Lee Jr. & Crystal Liddy of Ithica, MI, Cassandra & Bruce Terry of Panama, OK, Jacob Liddy of Stillwater, OK, Nelson Liddy of Shady Point, OK; 6 grandchildren; sister, Julie Shutt and brother, Willis Liddy of Florida; other relatives, loved ones and friends.

Services will be 10 am, Tuesday,  February 11, 2020 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK with Danny Southerland officiating.  Interment will be at the Fort Smith National Cemetery at 1 pm.  Pallbearers will be Bruce Terry, James Loudermilk, Jacob Liddy and Lee Liddy Jr.

The family will be at the funeral home on Monday from 6-8 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I worked with Lee for five years. Je was a colorful man and will be missed by many.

Matt Magiera said...

Lee was one of the best. I will always remember sitting in Chief Granchamp office trying to tell him why I took a bus load of Airmen to the the bar. At the time SMSGT Liddy said don’t blame him, I told him to drive. Lee took all the heat. I had asked Lee for the keys to the bus to take a bus load to the bar. His words were “only if I can go with you all”. We laugh about that for a long time. That’s the only story I can put on here. Through my 30 years of service, I put Lee in the top three that had a very big impact on my career. Tom W. and Doug M. where the others. My heart and prayers go out to the family.

Eric D. Liddy Sr. said...

Uncle Lee, I wish that I could have been there to say goodbye to you, and I'll always love and miss you.

I told my sons that you are proud of their military services. You were the closest thing to having a dad, since he died.

Bud and I will carry on the family name, and keep doing you proud. We loved you very much.

Unknown said...

This breaks my heart, He was one of my favorite co workers... wish i could have been at the funeral

Unknown said...

Lee was a good man. I met him years ago in Poteau during political meetings.