Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Lin Cravens

Lindsley Hugh Cravens, 54, of Wister, OK passed away Thursday, June 24, 2021 in St. Louis, MO.  Lin was born August 4, 1966 in Denton, TX to Donald Royce  & Francie (Flint) Cravens.  Lin loved hunting, fishing, ammo reloading and spending time with his grandchildren.   By his own admission his nickname “Tumbleweed” aptly described his lifestyle prior to meeting Marie.  In the last eight years he had settled down and become the ‘cattle baron’ he had always wanted to be  - watching over his four cows.

 Survivors include his wife, Marie Spiller-Cravens; children, Lindsley Hugh Cravens II, Kalin Dian Cravens, Daniel James Cravens, Beth Anne Chadrick, Jennifer Marie England; grandchildren, Brinleigh Renee Cravens, Emma Kaye Cravens, Stormi Nicole Chadrick, Zaylee Ann Chadrick, Sylas Rayne Gibbons, Quinlan Belle Smith, Maddox Dray England, Azelya Hazel Grace England, Jaymion Thrad England; brother – Wesley Lynn Cravens;  his extended family, Kim & Wendell Skinner, Toby Skinner, Daniel Hart, Jesse Tomlinson, Ethan Skinner, Nelson Skinner, Stormy Patterson (Ty, Savonah, Lanah, Liviah), Gary  Payne, Nick Bacon; other relatives, loved ones and friends.

 A Celebration of Lin’s Life will be 2 pm, Friday, July 2, 2021 at Bethel Baptist Church in Red Oak, OK with Bro Bob Cherry officiating.

3 comments:

Kathleen Stephens said...

Marie, we are so sorry to hear about your husband passing away. Praying for you and your family

Anonymous said...

In loving memory of Lin Cravens, My dearest cousin and forever friend! So thankful we have the promise of our Father and that you are in an unimaginably wonderful place. Our sorrow is for those of us left behind that will miss you in our world. Praying for peace and comfort for Francie, Wesley, Marie, your children and grandchildren, and all the many lives you have touched.
In Christ,
Tambra Wilkerson

Janine Muster said...

So very sorry for yr loss Marie. You didn't know me or my husband Caesar who I also lost back in 2008. But Lin was our very good friend back in the day that would have been in the good old days for ne anyway Caesar n Lin were very good friends boy I can remember so very many good times even once I have a Picture of Lin having had one to many to drink so Caesar n the guys painted Lins face up with my make up n boy was he mad at them when he woke but also got a good laugh out of it. I just wanted to say what a very good friend he had been to us he even reached out to me n my kids a few times after our loss he truly was one of the good guys. I was happy to hear just how happy u had made him the last half of his life as he longed to find such happiness with someone and that someone apparently was u. Karen reached out to me to just let me know that he had passed I'm sure we would have loved u if we would have ever met as I've been told he loved u so. So thank u for making our good friend so very happy n I am so very sorry for yr loss as I know first hand just how hard it must be on u. He truly was one of the good ones left. Sincerely Janine Muster