Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Marie Howard


Edna “Marie” (Williams) Howard, 98, of Pocola, OK passed away Monday, August 5, 2019 in Ft. Smith, AR.  Marie was born August 17, 1920 in Pocola to Harry & Lille (Kilgore) Williams.  She worked at Smith Box Factory, Spalding, Planters Peanuts and retired from working at Evans & Miller at the age of 92.  Marie was a member of the United Methodist Church of Pocola her entire life.  She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Joe L. “Pete” Howard; daughter, Letus Kay (Howard) Anderson; granddaughter, Shanna Lavon (Maden) Short; sister, Stella Oliver; brothers, Earl & wife Mary Lee Williams of Turlock, CA, Edgar & wife Dorothy Ann Williams of Pocola, OK; niece, Judy Rice of Charleston, AR; nephew, Jimmy Williams of Washington.

Survivors include her brother, Ted Williams of Cedarville, AR; daughters, Cletus & James Woods of Pocola, OK, Phyllis & Larry Maden of Ft. Smith, AR; grandchildren, Tommy Dewayne Henry of Ft. Smith, AR, Kimberly Jean Woods of Pocola, OK; great grandchildren, Jessica Paige (Short) McCoy & husband Christopher of Ft. Smith, AR, Chelsea DiAnn (Short) Hansel & husband Corbin Hansel of Mansfield, AR, James William Joseph Woods “Will” & wife Kaylee Woods of Norman, OK, Daxton Parker Henry of Central City, AR; great great grandchildren, Jayden Alexander McCoy, Sophia Grace McCoy, Chase Allen Hansel, Riley Christopher McCoy, Wyatt James Woods, Finley Kay Woods (due in November); a host of many family and friends.

Services will be 10 am, Friday, August 9, 2019 at Evans Memorial Chapel, Pocola, OK with Dan Reid & Jim Cook officiating.  Interment will follow in Macedonia Cemetery, Pocola.  Pallbearers will  be Wayne Henry, Scott Short, Chris McCoy, Corbin Hansel, Will Woods, Parker Henry.

The family will be at the funeral home in Pocola on Thursday evening from 6-8 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

3 comments:

nshine said...

Dear Marie, I just hope you know how much you influenced my life in so many positive ways. I have so many memories of you. Too many to tell on here and all of them good. I remember and cherish all the family get togethers, the times we went to church and how much I admired the true Christian lady you always were. I wish I was half the Christian that you were and I am a grateful for the example you set to show me the way. I know you are with your Heavenly Father, family and loved ones. The world lost an angel when you departed this world and I am heartbroken. You left a legacy of family and love behind. I have never met a woman as strong, loving and charitable as you and may never again in this lifetime. You will always be Saint Marie to me and I will keep your memory in my heart forever. You may be gone but never forgotten. I thank God I had that time with you and I just wanted you and everyone else to know how much I loved and respected you. I pray for the family and friends at this time of loss. May God be will and bless you all forever. Nancy ( Henry) Shine

Unknown said...

We regret we will not be able to attend Marie’s funeral. She was a very loving person, lived by everyone. She was an inspiration to many! Love and prayers to the family. AJ& Donna Barnes

Kris Blaylock said...

I am sorry for your loss, i remember attending Pocola United Methodist Church. A few times I had the Pleasure of meeting Marie and Pete both where very sweet people they love there church and they loved people.


The family be in my thought's and Prayer's. May GOD Grace be with you and his Peace comforted to you during this difficult time.

Kris Blaylock