Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Martha Walden



Martha Elizabeth Walden, 79, of LeFlore, OK passed away Tuesday, March  6, 2018,  in Poteau, OK.  Martha was born December 12, 1938, in LeFlore, OK to Hugh & Bea (Fulton) Kennedy.  She was a postmaster.  Martha  was preceded in death by her grandparents, J.C. & Lillian Kennedy; her parents; sisters, Roberta Ragland & Sue Dutton; brother, Hugh Kennedy Jr.

Survivors include her husband of 62 years, Harvey Walden of the home; son & his wife, DeWayne & Donna Walden; grandsons, Jonathan, Byron and Isaac; 4 great grandsons; sister in law, Juanita Ward; brothers in law, Harold Dutton & Doyle Ragland; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives, loved ones and friends.

Services will be 10 am, Monday, March 12, 2018, at the United Methodist Church in LeFlore with Jim Cook officiating.  Interment will follow in LeFlore Cemetery, LeFlore, OK.  Pallbearers will be Heath Ragland, Mike Ward, Patrick Vandagriff,  Jonathan Walden, Byron Walden, Isaac Walden.  Honorary  Ronnie Ragland, Robert Dutton, David Kennedy.

The family will be at the funeral home on Sunday afternoon from 2-4 pm, to visit with relatives & friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Aunt Martha was a huge influence on my life. I was always excited to visit Leflore and see my Aunt Martha. I knew I was loved. Her generosity always impressed me. Her loving heart was an inspiration to me. Her work ethic was beyond compare. She taught me many things about the importance of family, honor, pride, honesty and love. There was always. I will miss Aunt Martha dearly. I know her sisters and her brother were waiting for her-her Momma and Daddy too! I take solace and comfort knowing Martha is no longer suffering and for that, I am eternally grateful. We grieve our loss, but I know, deep in my soul that Martha has been welcomed home. She rests in God’s divine arms.
I Love you Martha! Renee’

Larry ingle said...

She was a wonderful person with a very kind heart I have known her all my life her an Harvey have been great to me an I am very proud to call them my friends they are more then friends they are family she will be missed