Saturday, September 9, 2017

Floyd Ray Morris



Floyd Ray Morris, 73, of Cameron, OK (formerly of Poteau) passed away Saturday, September 9, 2017 in Cameron.  Floyd was born June 1, 1944 in Ft. Smith, AR to Floyd Franklin & Jessie C. (Gibson) Morris.  He was a retired teacher.  Floyd was a member of the Free Will Baptist Church in Rock Island.  He was a Gideon since 1973; a lifetime NRA Member, member of the National Wild Turkey Federation, the Cattleman's Assoc..  He was a farmer & rancher.  He loved to sing and play his guitar.  He was a very proud Grandpa.

He was preceded in death by his father; brothers, Johnnie Lee & Ervin; and son in law, Mike Olbrish.



Survivors include his wife, Ernestine; daughter, Jennifer Olbrish; son, Bryan Morris; granddaughter, Preslie Olbrish; mother Jessie & Tom Pittman; brother, Dennis & wife Blenda; sister in law, Lydia Morris; other relatives, loved ones and many beloved friends.



Services will be 2 pm, Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at First Baptist Church in Poteau, OK with Jim Cook, Brad Kuhl officiating.

Interment will be in Oakland Cemetery, Poteau.  Pallbearers will be Aud Balentine, Garry Ivey, Clinton Stahlman, Don Goins, Russell Barber and Thomas Sullivan.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Mrs Morris
Whenever I think back on my childhood I always think of you and what a patient caring teacher you were to me. You made such a difference in my life that I have carried with me through all of my years. I am so very sorry for you and your family's loss. Prayers of love and peace are sent to you ❤️❤️
Melanie (Coleman) Martin