Friday, December 26, 2014

Rick Jernigan



Ricky Clyde Jernigan, 62, of Poteau, OK passed away Thursday, December 25, 2014 in Oklahoma City, OK.  Rick was born June 29, 1952 in Poteau, OK to Dewey & Billye (Mobley) Jernigan.  He was an over the road truck driver for 38 years.  Rick was a member of the First Free Will Baptist Church in Poteau.  He loved going to church.  He was preceded in death by his parents.




Survivors include his sisters, Samantha & husband Johnny Noseff of Poteau, OK & Linda Jernigan of Broken Arrow, OK; nephew, Jerry & wife Becky Sommers of Poteau; niece, Kim Davison of Red Oak, OK; 4 great nephews and 3 great  nieces; his church family



Services will be 10 am, Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at the First Free Will Baptist Church, Poteau, OK with Revs. Cory Thompson and Phil McGehee officiating.  Interment will follow in Summerfield Cemetery, Summerfield, OK. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have only known Ricky for a little over a year, but I can say with certainty that my life was immensely blessed having spent time with him for just that short period. Watching Ricky face the challenges he had to overcome with his health issues and doing it with such a positive attitude, reminds all of us that life is what you make of it...no matter the situation. Ricky made sure that he made the most of his life and always had a smile and hug for anyone that needed it. We were all excited for Ricky when he shared the news that he was headed west for his transplant and we were all devastated when we learned he had passed. My only wish is that I can face my life with as much courage, love, and infectious happiness as Ricky did. We were all made better people by knowing him.

Elvie Moss said...

Dear Samantha, I just learned of Ricky's passing and I wanted to you to know that you are in my thoughts as I was so saddened to hear the news. I will miss his coming in to the office to visit with us on occasion. Quiet, unassuming, but most always smiling even though he was facing great health challenges. I admired his strength! May your good memories of him bring you some comfort during this time.
M