Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lucian” Country Boy” Gassaway




Lucian” Country Boy” Gassaway

 


Lucian” Country Boy” Gassaway, 85, of Monroe, OK passed away Wednesday July 10, 2013, in Tulsa, OK. Lucian was born on January 21, 1928 in Sugar Loaf Community( Monroe), OK to Kenny & Mary (Gray) Gassaway. Lucian was the owner of Country Boy Furniture for 44 years, on the Board of Directors at Community State Bank for 9 years, enjoyed being a rancher, working in the rental business, residential & commercial, & even tried to sell a few monuments one time!

He is preceded in death by his parents Kenny & Mary Gassaway; Brothers, Hollis & Marvin Gassaway; Sisters, Dessie Billings, Sybil Robison, & Eleanor Welsh.

He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Sue Gassaway; 3 children, Lucian Gassaway Jr. of Poteau, OK, Regina Gassaway of Weatherford, TX, Natalie & husband Mike Scrimsher of Broken Arrow, OK; 5 Grandchildren, Hope, P.J, Jennifer, Hannah, & Haven; 4 Great Grandchildren; Special Care Giver, Danny Gray, Numerous other loved ones and friends.

Services will be held at 10 Am Saturday July 13, 2013 at Springhill Baptist Church in Monroe, OK, with Rev Bill Parker & Rev. Jim Cook officiating. Interment will follow at Monroe Cemetery, in Monroe, Oklahoma.

Pallbearers will be G.W. “Dub” Evans Jr., Bryan Davis, Richard Swartz, Ronnie Benefield, Blake Dill, & Larry Stacy; Honorary Pallbearers will be, Don Shrum, Earl Kendall, & Art Drury.

The family will be at the funeral home on Friday evening from 6-8 to visit with relatives & friends.

Donations can be made to Alzheimer’s Association or American Diabetes Association.



1 comment:

Lyle Whitworth said...

Dear Lucian Gassaway Family,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I admired Lucian Gassaway in the way he would always try to find a way to help another person out. When I came to business in Poteau he told me "I want to help you be successful". When he was in better health and getting around pretty well he would come by and check on me regularly. I was amazed. He made me feel so good and I felt I had a friend in him. I just want you to know that he has left a lasting impression with me for the rest of my life. Their have been two people in my life that I would really like to be like and he is one of them. I wish you peace and comfort in this extremely hard time.

Lyle Whitworth