Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jerold Harris

Jerold Dean Harris, 80, of Poteau, OK passed away Tuesday, January 10, 2012 in Poteau, OK. Jerold was born November 28, 1931 in Gilmore, OK to Elmer O. “Buck” & Oma G. (Ivy) Harris. Jerold was a veteran of the US Army. He was a machinist. Survivors include his wife, Sada Lou of the home; sons & daughters in law, Jerold Wayne & Paulla Harris of Hays, KS, John Charles Harris of Poteau, OK, Corey & Christina Harris of Poteau; daughter & son in law, Theresa Lou Todd & Kenny Hess of Poteau, OK; twin sister, Verlene Keck of Cameron, OK; 6 grandchildren, Scotty, A.J., Christopher, Valerie, Michelle, Peanut; 7 step grandchildren; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services will be 10 am, Friday, January 13, 2012 in Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK with Rev. Jim Cook officiating. Interment will be in Oakland Cemetery, Poteau. Pallbearers will be Jerold Wayne, John, Corey, Scotty Harris, John Hunter, & Raymond Brasher.

8 comments:

Tom Albers said...

Jerold, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your dad is in a much better place, eternal rest unto him.
The Albers family

Anonymous said...

He was a great dad, great grandfather and friend. He will be missed greatly.
Jerold Wayne Harris

Anonymous said...

Hello Dad. I had a dream that you were in last night. It was my first dream with you in it. You looked great! Your mobility was great. It was classic humor. You went up to Michelle and asked her if she wanted to go beep beep. then you went over to see Val. Then unfortunately I woke up. I pray for your soul daily and I love you and miss you.
JeroldWayne

Anonymous said...

Hi again dad. I have been thinking more and more about you. I wish I could rewind the past 10 years, and not be in such a hurry. I only saw you a few days a year, and then it seemed I was always in a hurry to get back to Hays. I knew, that when I visited you in the hospital, it would be our last time together, and I just did not follow up and hurry back down to see you. I love you.
Jerold Wayne

Anonymous said...

Hi again dad. Yesterday was the 3 year "anniversary" of your passing. Paulla and the girls all texted mom, and I called to check on her. She is doing well. The family overall is doing well. Peanut is really growing up. We all still miss you. I wish I had been a better son late in your life. I have confessed that, but cannot let it go.
JeroldWayne

Anonymous said...

Hi again dad. It is July 31st, 2015. We just got back from moving Michelle into another apartment complex. She was in a quad the past few years, but all 3 of her roommates were moving, so she did not want 3 new roommates... So she moved in with 2 friends that are also in pharmacy. Should be a good fit. You would be proud of Paulla and the girls as you always were. Michelle will be a pharmacist, after 7-8 years of schooling. Val is an award winning teacher in Goodland (duh, knew that was going to happen). Paulla works hard in everything she does, she was a cleaning machine today in Michelle apartment. You would be proud of them, pretty much all a dad could ask for, I am blessed. Love you

Anonymous said...

Hello dad just wanted you to know that mom and I are doing well. I do the best for mom that I can just like I promised you I would and I still have hopes of being like the man I am proud to call dad and I just want you to know that you are gone but never forgotten you live in our harts in the love we will always have for you..I love and miss you ..corey

Anonymous said...

Still missing you and hoping I can be half the man you are.. I strive everyday to keep my promise to you ..i love and still miss you and mom is still longing to be with you ..love you