Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jane "Memaw" Lankford

Francis Jane "Memaw" Lankford, 66, of Arkoma, OK passed away Saturday, January 21, 2012 in Fort Smith, AR. Francis was born April 30, 1946 in Oxnard, CA to Claude & Ruby Mae (Hastings) Williams. She was a homemaker. Francis volunteered at Arkoma Schools and Peachtree Home Health. She was preceded in death by her parents; and sisters, Nancy Curry & Lynn Foster. Survivors include her daughter, Terry Lankford of Ft. Smith, AR; son, Archie Lankford of Arkoma, OK; 4 Grandchildren, Brandon Lankford of Arkoma; Kylie Shepard, Kira Shepard, & Kayla Shepard of Ft. Smith, AR; 3 brothers, Edward Williams of Springtown, TX, Donald Williams of Arkoma, OK, Mack Williams of Pocola, OK; 5 sisters, JoAnn Kuykendall of Pocola, OK, Betty Cook of N. Manchester, IN, Joyce Pearson of Arkoma, OK, Carol Campbell of Hartshorne, OK, Ruth Wallis of Spiro, OK; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services will be 2 pm, Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at Evans Memorial Chapel in Pocola, OK with Rev. Jim Cook officiating. Interment will follow in Greenhill Cemetery, Cameron, OK. Pallbearers will be Dan Campbell, Robin Wallis, Wayne Harlow, Richard Wallis, Kenneth Curry, Rodney Wallis, Mike Lambert. The family will be at the funeral home on Tuesday evening from 5-7 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

7 comments:

Breeana said...

We Love you Memaw!! <3
R.I.P

gregorybcook said...

Aunt Jane, you will certainly be missed. I love you and will see you one day in Heaven.

Greg

Bmine2nite said...

Jane, I've known you all my life and I'm going to miss seeing you outside and talking to you.Tell Mom and Paul and Heather I said Hello and we miss them.

Lisa Boze

Nancy Mailand said...

Thank you for being my friend. You were like a Mom to me. Enjoy your rest, you earned it.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family. I am glad I got to see Aunt Jane while in Oklahoma a few years back. I will always remember her for the fun we had and the best peanut brittle she used to make. Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm sure going to miss you Frankie/Jane.I called you that and we called Joyce/Horse.I was called Biscuit.When we were growing up We sure had alot of fun out in Newberry Calif.My time has went by fast.But you are having a good time in Heaven,we will be together again when the time is right.
Irs your turn call me.I love you
your Sister Betty

Anonymous said...

Jane.Do you remember when I called you Frankie and you called me Biscuit?How about you and me called Joyce Horse.We sure had fun out in Newberry Calif.Walking across the hot sand picking up Horn Toads,staying away from Lizards.snakes.Those were the good ole days.I love and miss you Sis.
Biscuit/Betty