Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Harold Lavon Petefish

Harold Lavon Petefish, 75, of Shady Point, OK passed away on Saturday, April 18, 2009 in Spiro, Oklahoma. Harold was born on January 8, 1934 in Jacksonville, IL to Harold & Vera (Freeman)Petefish. He was of the Baptist faith; a veteran of the US Air Force and a security guard. He had lived in the Shady Point area since June of 2008. Harold is survived by his wife, Betty Petefish of the home; 3 daughters, Janet McDuffie of Shady Point,, OK; Kimberly Harris of Richland, MS & Gina Turek of Missouri; a son Aaron Petefish of Gautier, MS; 10 grandchildren; 3 great grandchildren; a sister, Donna Velten of Virginia, IL; numerous other relatives & loved ones & many beloved friends. Graveside services were held for Harold at 10:00 am, Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at Fort Smith National Cemetery in Fort Smith, AR with the Reverend Jim Parsley officiating. Interment followed the services with arrangements under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home of Poteau, OK.

2 comments:

John McDuffie said...

You will always be loved and missed grandpa. There will never be a greater man than you! Rest and enjoy riding along side of John Wayne.

Gina said...

To my father Harold and my mother Betty
I am sending this message of love to my parents who I think about and pray for daily. I wish I could have been there for my parents on my father's day to greet Jesus. Unfortunately due to surgery I couldn't be there to offer my support. Be happy! I'm thankful that my father is no longer in pain and I look forward to seeing my family when Christ returns and calls for his children. I Love You. Gina