Saturday, December 27, 2008

Judith Kay "Judy" Richison

Judy Richison, 59, of Pocola, OK passed away Friday, December 26, 2008 at Ft. Smith, AR. Judy was born in Pine Bluff, AR on April 5, 1949 to Dolph & Willie (Martindale) Hancock. She was a secretary for Anglen Diesel in Pocola. She was preceded in death by her parents; brother, David Hancock; and daughter in law, Donnell Richison. Survivors include her husband, Z.W. Richison of the home; daughter, Kerry Richison of Pocola, OK; 2 sons, Shawn Richison of Spiro, OK and Chris Richison of Ft. Smith, AR; 2 grandchildren; Reed & Ryan Richison; 7 sisters, Billie Schriver of Van Buren, AR, Patsy Davis of Scranton, AR, Joan McBurnett of Conway, AR, Barbara Griffith, Carol Harwood, & Brenda Yusko, all of Ft. Smith, AR, and Janice Owen of Little Rock, AR; 2 brothers, Jerry Hancock and Harold Hancock, both of Van Buren, AR; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services: 10 am, Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at Pocola Heights Free Will Baptist Church in Pocola, OK with Rev. Clifford Myers officiating. Interment will follow in the Ft. Smith National Cemetery, Ft. Smith, AR at Noon. Pallbearers: Keith Richison, Brian Harwood, Greg Harwood, David Harwood, Blake Harwood, & Derek Harwood. Arrangements - EVANS & MILLER FUNERAL HOME - POCOLA, OK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To children of Judy Richison: I was sorry to hear of your mother's death. I remember your mother as loving and caring and always ready to be of help when it came to anything needing to be done in regards to school, sports, or any other thing for her kids. I enjoyed knowing her in the past years when all of you and mine were growing up. I know you will miss her and our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Sharon Nugent and family

Anonymous said...

To children of Judy Richison: I was sorry to hear of your mother's death. I remember your mother as loving and caring and always ready to be of help when it came to anything needing to be done in regards to school, sports, or any other thing for her kids. I enjoyed knowing her in the past years when all of you and mine were growing up. I know you will miss her and our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Sharon Nugent and family

Anonymous said...

Z.W. & children of Judy Richison. Been on the road to New Mexico and back since day after Christman. Sorry to hear about your loss

Ron Lairamore

Debby Elwood said...

As Christmas 2013 is upon us I think of Judy. She was my loving Aunt, any my friend growing up.
We had so many funny times together. Once when I was riding the crowded school bus Judy came to my rescue. Judy was seated and I was standing up holding on to the pole. As the bus hit a bump I accidently stepped on this girl's toes. She pushed me so hard I almost was seated with the bus driver. haha. The girl shoveling me was a big bully. Judy told her, "Hey this is my niece and if you ever touch her again you will be picking yourself off the floor of this bus." I laughed. Judy told me later she was glad the girl did not respond as she did not have the strength or desire to fight her. That was my Aunt, the defender of the defenseless.
I love her so much as did all her family. debby