Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Kenneth David Morgan

Funeral Service for Kenneth David Morgan, 69 of Shady Point, Oklahoma will be at 10 am on Friday, April 22, 2022 at Victory Worship Center in Spiro, Oklahoma with Reverend Brian Fout, Reverend Jim Cook  officiating. Burial will follow at Old Bokoshe Cemetery in Bokoshe, Oklahoma under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home.

Kenneth was born on December 28, 1952 in Bokoshe, Oklahoma to Edith and Sam Morgan and passed away on April 19, 2022 in Fort Smith, Arkansas.  He was married to Debra Morgan on May 8, 1973 in Idabel, Oklahoma. He was preceded in death by his wife; parents; and sisters,Virgina Thomilson- Morgan, and Donna Morgan; Attended Bokoshe High School and Carl Albert Jr College; Graduated from Oklahoma Police Academy in 1978; Been in Law-Enforcement since 1968; Worked for LeFlore Co. Sheriff Dept; US Marshalls Ft Smith, Ark; Ardmore Police Dept. Ardmore, Oklahoma; Oklahoma Tax Commission; Oklahoma Corp. Commission Vehicle Enforcement; Vice Mayor of Shady Point; Member of The Spiro Masonic Lodge # 49, Spiro, Ok; Bedouni Shrine Temple, Muskogee, Oklahoma, Attended Victory Worship Center,  Spiro, Oklahoma.

Survivors include: sons, Kenneth Morgan and wife Shelli, Kendall Morgan and wife Adriana; daughter, Savanah Knight and husband Kevin; granddaughters, Tori Morgan, Kailen Morgan; grandsons, Gavin Morgan, Gannon Morgan, Graiden Morgan; sisters, Erma Monks and husband Carl, Wanda Avery, Norma James, Joyce Morgan; brothers, Harold Morgan and wife Eva Sue, Jack Morgan and wife Wanda Sue, James Morgan, Sam Morgan Jr and wife Ramona, Howard Morgan and wife Wilma.

Pallbearers will be Roger Whealen, Boyd Walker, Harold Morgan, Senator Mark Allen, Shauna Caldwell, David Pruitt.

Visitation will be Thursday from 6-8pm.

In lieu of flowers, Donation to Shriners Hospital, 3100 Samford Ave, Shreveport, LA 71103.

 

5 comments:

Lou Culwell said...

We are sending our love and prayers for all of you! So many memories! RIP old friend! ��❤️��

Unknown said...

Family and friends of Ken Morgan,
I am so very sorry for your loss of this wonderful man.
When I read about his passing on FB yesterday, I was overcome with sadness, memories and some regret. I wish I had taken the time to come and see him before he got sick. I had wanted to but never made the time.
I am glad that we had reconnected on FB in the last few years. I will miss his posts and comments for sure. But I know that he is now reunited with the love of his life.
My favorite memory of Ken, is from March 1991. My mother, brother Justin and I, moved from Ardmore, OK and went to Bixby, OK not knowing anyone. Or so I thought. We got there and my mom tells me that the only people she knows in the area are the Morgan's. Justin was friends with Kendall. So, she looked them up, made a call and this family let us come and stay at their home until we found a rental. Which Ken helped my mother with.
I was 19 years old then. I have never forgotten that act of kindness.

Sam and Romona Morgan said...

Our sweet brother, Ken Morgan will be sorely missed and this world is now a bit darker without the glow of his sense of humor and his laughter. We love you brother, and we will all be together again one day in Heaven ❤️🙏🏼

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss. We know what your going through and your all in our prayers.

Debbie C. Wooten said...

My dear dear friend you are going to be missed by all that knew you, I know that you are reunited with the love of your life your beautiful wife Debbie. Family & friends may each of you find comfort,peace and strength today and the days to come by remembering your love one is now pain-free with a new glorified body. I have so many great memories that I will cherish. Until we meet again my dear friend RIP Kenny