Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Nancy Traywick Newnam


Nancy Sue Traywick Newnam, 72, of Poteau, OK passed away August 11, 2020 in Ft. Smith, AR.  Nancy was born May 15, 1948 in Shawnee, OK to Claud & Beulah McGinnis.  She was owner/operator of Skate Reation for 40 years.  She was preceded in death by her parents; husband,  Don Ed Traywick; 5 brothers, Buck, John, Dick, Sam & Pat; sister, Willa Lou.



Survivors include her husband, Bill Newnam; son, Kevin Traywick of Poteau; daughter, Kelly & husband Scott Harrison of Panama, OK;  bonus children, Mike Newnam of Poteau, Missy Newnam of Pocola, OK; grandchildren, Kale Harrison of Panama, OK, Kendy Traywick of Poteau, OK, Britney Harrison of Ft. Smith, AR, Ky & husband Tyler Butler of Shady Point, OK; other relatives, loved ones and friends.



Services will be 10 am, Friday, August 14, 2020 at First Free Will Baptist Church, Poteau with Jim Cook, Cory Thompson & Phil McGehee officiating.  Interment will follow at Monroe Cemetery.  Pallbearers will be Benny Jones, Brent McGinnis, Shadd Stover, Steve Evans, Jimmy Smith & James Ford.

The family will be at the funeral home on Thursday evening from 6-8 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

5 comments:

Krystalla Martin said...

https://okwnews.com/news/obituaries/nancy-sue-traywick-newnam

Oh miss nancy!!! I just cannot believe that you are gone. My heart is so broken 💔 you don't even realize how you protected so many kids for so many years if even from 7pm to 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Those hours were my escape! I always knew I was safe at the rink. As an adult you gave that back to me by supporting the roller derby team and giving us a home! I'm gonna miss all the smiles and words of encouragement you always gave me every time I saw you! My prayers are with your family at this time, I know this was sudden and shocking for them.

Kathleen Stephens said...

It is sad to see your name and picture in the obituaries. I like your sign for the skating rink, 40 years and still rolling. You have a special place in lots of kids and adults lives,with such skating games as the corner game, limbo and hokey pokey.

Ursula said...

I am so sorry for ya"ll loss Prayers for the family and freinds and who she worked with Lord be with ya"ll.
Rest In Peace Mrs. Newnam You will be missed by many.
Love Ursula

Okie Artist said...

She was a good friend. I will miss her. My condolences to Bill and the huge family she built over the years.

Diane Qualls said...

Kelly and Kevin. I am so sorry you lost your Mom. I was one of the first people to meet her when she came to Poteau and we became friends. I have the best memories of her and I skating while you kids were at school.My heart breaks for you and your families. I am so sorry I won't be able to attend her funeral. I am living in Fort Smith and am in bad health. I will be there in spirit.I love you all and you are in my prayers.
Diane Qualls