Saturday, February 17, 2018

Kenneth Cremeans



Kenneth Lee Cremeans, 50 of  Poteau, OK passed away Friday, February 16, 2018 in Poteau.  Kenneth was born May 14, 1967, in Poteau to Alvin & Mary Sue (Nichols) Cremeans, who preceded him in death.  His mother was a homemaker and his father was a mechanic & truck driver.  Kenneth enjoyed working with his hands, including on cars, around the house, and at Exide Technologies; where he worked for 18 years.



His faith was a big part of his life.  He was an active member of the Trinity Baptist Church in Poteau, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him listening to sermons of various preachers, including Charles Stanley and his own pastor, Leroy Billy.  His interests also included hunting on the weekends, listening to music and reading the Bible.  His  life and influence will be remembered by the many friends and coworkers that valued him.



Survivors include his wife of 34 years, Lisa; sons, Kenneth, Christopher & Jeremy Cremeans all of Poteau; brother, Robert Cremeans; other relatives, loved ones and friends.



Services will be 2 pm, Tuesday, February 20, 2018, at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau with Rev. LeRoy Billy officiating.  Interment will follow at Oakland Cemetery, Poteau. 



The family will be at the funeral home on  Monday evening from 6-8 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenneth was expecting his first grandchild, a baby boy, in April.
Rest in peace. ...Grandpa.

Todd Chilcoat said...

Condolences to Ken's family.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers for Ken and all of his family. It was sad news to learn of Ken’s passing. I worked with Ken at Exide and can attest to Ken’s dedication and passion at work. Ken was on the IBEW bargaining committee and his knowledge and experience coupled with his wisdom and passion reflected in all that he did. Ken was not always a man of many words but when he spoke you listened because it was meaningful and empowering. I know that Ken is at peace because of his walk with the Lord. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to the Cremeans family. Rest In Peace my friend.

Bob Gault
Former VP of HR for Exide.

Anonymous said...

Rest in peace my friend, you will be greatly missed.

Robert and Gayla Bateman

Anonymous said...

Ken was a great guy always had a smile and good word of encouragement to all. Ken's faith in the Lord is what impressed me the most, I know he is at rest with our lord and though he will be missed by all his family and friends, we can see him again in eternity. Rest well my friend you was an inspiration to me. Prayers for the family as they face this loss, Buddy.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with the Cremeans family, I am so sorry for your loss, didn't really know Ken until my daddy passed away, Ken and his son came to the hospital every night or called to check on daddy (his step dad) he until he passed. I loved Ken's mom Mary, my step-mother, so much. And I know my dad loved him he talked very highly of Ken and his son's, and wife. I wished I had know him better, my heart goes out to all the family...so sorry...Penny Lewallen Wheeler

Casey Harrel said...

I had great respect for Ken both as a coworker and as a person.

My thoughts and prayers for his family during this time.

Casey Harrel