Friday, February 3, 2017

Gisela Lavender



Gisela G. Lavender, 72, of Heavener, OK passed away Wednesday, February 1, 2017 in Heavener, OK.  Gisela was born May 25, 1944 in Munich, Germany.  She was preceded in death by her husband, Ray Lavender on January 30, 2006.



Survivors include her son & daughter in law -  Melvin & Maribeth Lavender of Arvada, CO; daughters & sons in law, Tammy & Mark Scott of Heavener, OK, Loretha & Tim Sconyers of Poteau, OK; 10 grandchildren; 4 great grandchildren; 6 brothers & 4 sisters in Germany.



Rosary services will be 6 pm, Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Poteau and Funeral Mass 10 am, Wednesday at the Catholic Church.


1 comment:

Greg said...

I was very fortunate to meet Gisela at my mother's home a few weeks ago. She (Darlene) and Gisela were friends and she spoke fondly of her quite often. After meeting her I could understand why. She was so engaging, so full of life. It made me want to know her better.

I was very sad to hear of her passing. My mother is grieving, having lost a good friend whom she considered a kindred spirit in a place where they are so hard to find.

I offer my heartfelt condolences to her family and loved ones. She was a remarkable woman.