Monday, April 15, 2013

Reanus Cox

Reanus E. Cox, 87, of Panama, OK passed away April 14, 2013 in Panama.  Reanus was born January 31, 1926 in Tahona, OK to Sim & Vada (Phillips) Cox.  He was a veteran of the US Navy and was involved in the Normandy Invasion.  He was retired as the lock and dam operator for the Civil Service & also retired from being chief of Panama Fire Department.  Reanus was a member of the Moshulatubbee Masonic Lodge, Cameron, OK. 

Survivors include his sons, Keith Cox of Panama, OK, Scott Hilstrom of Tamaha, OK; stepsons, Gerald Gotes of Poteau, OK, Gary Walker of Dallas, OR; stepdaughter, Gayle James of Shady Point, OK;  10 grandchildren, Shannon & Vickie Gotes, Scottie & Kim Gotes, Heather & Jamie Stewart, Cheryl Jasso, Robyn & Jeff Brewer, Cassie James, Shaun Colwell, Sierra Hilstrom, Kendra Walker, & Lacey Walker; 18  great grandchildren, Chloe & Gavin, Jordan, Faith, Hope & Jacob, Kaylin Cardenas, Hayden McGuire, Ayriana Jasso, Isaac Martinez, Rylee & Jackson, Cole, Joy Lynn & Dalton, Gavin & Alexis, Jace; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends.


Services will be 2 pm, Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at the Panama Free Will Baptist Church, Panama, OK with Rev. David Nolen and Roger Kite officiating.  Interment will follow in Oakland Cemetery, Poteau, OK.

The family will be at the funeral home on Tuesday evening from 5-7 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

2 comments:

Tina Wiley said...

Keith I am so sorry for your loss he is one in a million. I am sos sorry I cannot be there for you today my daughter gets out of school at three and I have no one to pick her up I wanted to be there so bad. I love you brother you and your family are in my thoughts strongly and in my prayers today and you can call on me anytime night or day. Love Tina Furr

Paula Coker. Dallas TX said...

I am sorry about the passing of you're Father. I remember watching him drive the fire truck after the sirens would go off. He gave a lot of selfless volunteer time to our town keeping us safe. My prayers to you and you're family.