Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Arlon L. "Buck" Lockaby



Arlon L. “Buck” Lockaby, 77, of  Cameron, OK passed away Saturday, March 30, 2013 in Cameron, OK.  Arlon was born May 29, 1935 in Norman, OK to Lotis Rue & Laura M. (McMillin) Lockaby.  He was retired from AES.  He attended Panama First Baptist Church.   Buck was a farmer, He was a Godly man, loving his family and friends, loving to all.  He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Ruby Lockaby; brothers, Troy and Alton Lockaby; son, Douglas Lockaby.

Survivors include his sister, Inora Pierce of Panama, OK;  son, Michael Lockaby of Ripley, MS; grandchildren, Danny Lockaby of Killeen, TX, Laura House, Kali Beason, Bryan Lockaby of Panama, OK, RyAnne Riggs of Monroe, OK, Ashley Ballard of Heavener, OK, Jeremiah & Katie Lockaby of Ripley, MS; 9 great grandchildren; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends.

Services will be 10 am, Friday, April 5, 2013 at the First Baptist Church in Panama, OK with Rev.  Jim Cook & Rev. Larry Harris officiating.  Interment will follow in Fairview Cemetery, Panama.


4 comments:

G and L McRay said...

Lifting this family up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

He was more than an Uncle. He was a hero. Will miss you Uncle Buck.

Debbie Reese ~ Myrtle Beach, SC said...

Laura and family,
My heart goes out to you all and hope that Gods love and grace will give you comfort during this difficult time.
I've known and loved your entire family for many years and will miss Buck as I do your folks Barbara and Doug, and also Ruby.
There are no words to express the sadness of this loss, but I do know that they will all be waiting to see us again in Heaven.
May God be with your wonderful family and hold you in his gentle hands during this time of sorrow.

Carl W. Kasten & Wife Robin said...

Dear Buck's Family, I met Buck and Ruby at a VIC gathering at the prison in Hodgen in 1997. Buck was warm and easy to love. Upon my release the next year Buck and Ruby opened their hearts to me, adopting me as a spiritual son. They both remained lovingly kind to me all the days of their lives. Their love and kind service in the name of our LORD Jesus Christ inspires me even now. I thank the LORD that I was blessed to know them. With all my heart I pray you will know Christ's comfort and peace. In Jesus Name, now your friends in Christ - Carl and Robin Kasten. Lakeland, Florida.