Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Garon Mead


Garon Donavan Mead, 30,  of Hodgen, OK  passed away Sunday, June 17, 2012 in Heavener, OK.  Garon was born November 21, 1981 in Tulsa, OK to Tommy Joe & Deborah Jean Mead.  Garon was a pipeline welder.  Garon was preceded in death by his maternal grandmother, Ada Jones; paternal grandparents, Jack & Verlon Mead; uncles, Johnny and  Bob Allen Jones.

Survivors include his daughters, Alexis & Cierra; son, Kody Shayne Mead; parents, Tommy & Deborah Mead of Hodgen; sister, Kimberly Whiteis of Hodgen; brother, T.J. Mead of Morris, OK; 2 nephews, Kyler Donovan & Koby Lane; special companion, his dog, “Sis”; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends.

Services will be  11 am, Friday, June 22, 2012 at  Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK           Interment  will be in Oakland Cemetery, Poteau.    The family will be at the funeral home from 6-8 pm, Thursday evening to visit with relatives & friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP Garon you will truly be missed bub. I will miss hearing you say sis how are you doing. Love you till we meet again. From Rachel Morrison shipman

Anonymous said...

Tommy, I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the horror of losing a child. I want to thank you for all you've done for me. What a difference you made in my life. When things settle down I want to come and see you. call me my friend 918-752-9575 (Little Yogi)

Jeremy Wood said...

I am very saddened and shocked to hear of your passing. I remember a lot of great memories with you. The bucking barrel at zac's house and a lot of fun in the hay field. You were always a great person and I was blessed to have known you. Rest in peace my friend and may God be with your family and comfort them in this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Garon will be truly missed by his friends and family. I remember teaching him in school at HHS. Great guy! May God bring peace and comfort to your family during this time.

Anonymous said...

To the Mead family: Even though I only met Garon during his working trip to El Dorado, I enjoyed my time with him and Mark's other working friends. Mark loved Garon like a son and loved getting his "Happy Father's Day" call Sunday morning. Mark and Garon had a lot of lenthly cell phone calls. We are sad not being there with you during this time of loss, but know that we are with you all in thought and prayer. Just remember, we will all see him again one day. God bless you all. Mona Mason

Anonymous said...

Too soon, man. We rode some crazy rides, Had some fun times! We also shared commissary when we slipped up! Good Ol' Pepper wudn't no fair weather friend. He grinned a sly lil' grin every time our paths crossed, and it was on! See ya again

Anonymous said...

Texas, Georgia, next stop heaven for us to hang out. I will see you on the line up there. Talk to the spread boss and save us a seat.