Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shirley Evonne Crandell

Shirley Evonne Crandell, 75, of Poteau, OK, passed away Sunday, September 18, 2011 in Poteau, OK. Shirley was born February 1, 1936 in Wister, OK to Tom & Della (Hicks) Johnson. She was a retired bookkeeper from Mingo School in Tulsa, OK. She was preceded in death by her husband, Bob. Survivors include 3 sons, Kenneth Wayne Crandell of Broken Arrow, OK; Michael Eugene Crandell of Poteau, OK; David Forrest Crandell of Tulsa, OK; sister, Lou Ellen Solomon of Tulsa, OK; brothers, Donald Wayne Johnson of Claremore, OK and Ronald Hoyt Johnson of Wister, OK; 7 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren; and other relatives & loved ones and many beloved friends. Services will be 11:00 am, September 24, 2011 at Evans Chapel of Memories in Poteau, OK. Interment will follow in Ellis Chapel Cemetery, Wister, OK.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss you mom. But I know you are better off now. I know you are now free of physical pain. Please give dad a hug for me. I guess I was selfish watching you in pain for so long, but still hoping you lived for many more years. Hoping you would be around longer to see you grandchildren’s achievements in life. I know you are so proud of them. They love you so much.

God,
Hear my prayer. Please watch over my family and keep them safe. They are hurting and need your love and mercy now more than ever. Please guide my family through this dark and painful time. I know I’m supposed to be rejoicing about my mom’s promotion. But I just can’t right now.

Anonymous said...

My favorite memory of Shirley took place one Halloween long ago. She was handing out full size candy bars (a rarity in our neighborhood). So I dressed up in three different costumes and made repeat visits to her door. I did reveal my identity each time, after the transaction was complete. God be with you, Shirley. John R.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your sorrow. My the Lord strengthen you in you time of need.Blessings to you and all those within Shirley Evonne Crandell's gates, Amen

Anonymous said...

I will always remember her fondly. A very funny gal and a wonderful friend to so many.-Carrie Simms

Anonymous said...

she was a wonderful woman!