Thursday, August 11, 2011

Robert "Bob" George Hawks

Robert “Bob” George Hawks, 65, of Orange, TX passed away Thursday, August 11, 2011 in Poteau, OK. Robert was born in Cedar Rapids, IA on May 12, 1946. He was a veteran of the US Air Force. Robert worked as a pipe fitter. He was preceded in death by his parents, Larry & Dorothy (Whittney) Hawks and sister, Linda Peterson. Survivors include his wife, Catherine Cook of Orange, TX; 4 daughters & sons-in-law Marcy Hawks Hendrickson & Scott of Tulsa, OK, Lori Hawks Manley & Dan of Frisco, TX, Kristen Hawks Dalley & Mike of Frisco, TX, and Janet Barrow Mauzey & Michael of Red Oak, OK; 1 son & daughter-in-law, Richard Hudson Barrow & Angie of Hennessey, OK; 8 granddaughters, Brooke Rowell & husband, Michael, Bailey Hendrickson, Bethany Hendrickson, Brenna Hendrickson of Tulsa, Ciara Hawks of Frisco, TX, Desiree Mauzey Bartmess & husband, Lang of Tecumseh, OK, Sarah Mauzey Needham & husband, Kyle of Longtown, OK, Rainey Dale Mauzey of Red Oak, OK; 4 grandsons, Eric Manley, Evan Manley, (already past due) Jaxon John Dalley of Frisco, TX and Casey Richard Barrow of Hennessey, OK 1 great granddaughter, Kalyn Mykelle Bartmess ; great grandson, Matthew Tyree; and awaiting great grandchild, Needham Baby; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. There will be a memorial service at a later date.

9 comments:

Joyce Soppe said...

My sympathy on the death of your Dad. I'm not sure your remember me as you were quite young when you left Cedar Rapids. You used to play with my kids, Brian, Joan, Jill and Dean Soppe. Your Dad was much to young to die but hang on to all the good memories. I hadn't talked with him for many many years and have also lost contact with your Mom, Dixie. I would appreciate it if you would give me her e-mail address so I could contact her or a phone #.
You are in my prayers. Joyce Soppe(jsoppe45@msn.com)

Helen B Arnold said...

My deepest sympathies to the Hawks extended family. I am a friend from Bob's early days in Cedar Rapids, and a long time friend of Linda Hawks Peterson. Bob and I last saw each other at Linda's funeral. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Rob Neff said...

Bob was a friend during junior high and senior high school.

I remember his as a solid guy who was fast to smile, quick to help and a friend who always had time to say Hi. He was a loyal friend.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I know he will be missed.

Rob Neff said...

Bob and I were students together in both junior and senior high schools. I remember his as fast to smile, quick to help and never too busy to say Hi. I'll remember his as a loyal friend.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing at much too young an age. I know he'll be missed. Prayers out to his family from Plano, Texas.

Jim Leidigh said...

My deep sympathy for you Bob and family were like family to us during high school years.He was always a tremendous guy,hung out w/my brother worked occasionally at our gas station. Haven't seen him for a long time but want you to know he was one of the best friends we ever had in CR high scool days He was great guy.

Roger Jacobson said...

I was shocked to hear of Bob's passing. Bob and I met while attending tech. school at Sheppard Air Force Base. Being both from Iowa we connected with each other and became good friends and stayed in touch with each other for many years. Eventually our life travels caused us to lose contact. Bob was too young to pass away. I hope your loss can be comforted by celebrating the good times you had together.

Roger Jacobson
JacobsonRL2@aol.com

PhotographyByTESS said...

THIS IS MY 2ND POST I AM IN TEARS MY NAME IS TERRY LEIDIGH HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND IN HIGH SCHOOL AND AFTER I LOVED BOB AS A BROTHER AND HE TAUGHT ME LIFE HE HELPED ME THRU VIETNAM DIVORCE WHILE THERE BUT MOST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO HIS WIFE AND TELL HER HOW VERY MUCH I CARED FOR BOB PLEASE CALL ME AT 407-4611489

PhotographyByTESS said...

THIS IS MY 3RD ATTEMPT BOB WAS MY BEST FRIEND DURING HIGH SCHOOL AND AFTER I LOVED HIM AS A BROTHER AND HIS 1 REASON I MADE IT THRU LIFE AND VIETNAM HE WAS A TEACHER AND A MENTOR FOR ME I WOULD LOVE FOR CATHERINE OR ANYONE IN FAMILY TO CALL ME AT 407-4611489 PLEASE!!! HE WAS THE GREATEST

corvette said...

this is my 4th attempt i was bobs best friend in high school he was my big brother he was my mentor and one reason i made it thru vietnam i would like to forward pictures of bob and some of his many friends. my name is terry leidigh 407/4611489 i live in florida. please someone call me. know dixie and marcy