Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eugene T. Boyer

Eugene Travis Boyer of Muskogee, OK (formerly of Poteau) passed away Saturday, August 27, 2011 in Muskogee. Gene was born October 14 in Parma, MO to Otto Chester & Stella Pearl (Carylile) Boyer. He spent his career as a retail manager for Walmart & C.R. Anthony’s & was a partner in D&D Pharmacy in Poteau and Fort Smith, AR. He was preceded in death by his wife, Betty. Gene was a 57-year member of the Poteau Masonic Lodge. Gene was a veteran of the US Army & attended First Baptist Church in Poteau. His passion was bowling. Survivors include daughters & sons-in-law, Judy & Ed Logwood of Harrisonville, MO, Sherrie & Michael Jones of Poteau, OK; son & daughter-in-law, Steven & Marianna Boyer of Chesapeake, VA; 8 grandchildren; brother, Floyd “Cotton” Boyer of Belton, MO., and left behind scores of friends wherever he lived. Services will be 10 am, Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK with Rev. Jim Cook officiating. Interment will follow in White Chapel Memorial Gardens, Springfield, MO.

3 comments:

Carol Lewis said...

Sherrie and family, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Your Dad was a wonderful Boss and friend. Gene and Betty were such a sweet couple. Gene brought happiness everywhere he went, with that sweet smile and laugh. I will never forget him and I feel I was Blessed to have known both your parents.
May God be with you during this time of sorrow.
Carol Lewis

LouAhna Rutherford Ledyard said...

I have so many fond memories of Gene. Was in Musk. a year ago and saw him in the Mall. Was so good to see him again and visit. I worked with him at JCP for several years and we has so many laughs. He was a jewel...so kind and considerate to all of us. I treasure knowing him. God bless you Gene. You will be missed.

Rick said...

I met Gene while training with Anthony's and then moved to Poteau where I managed that Anthony's store. Sherrie, I et you and your family while there. Enjoyed Gene and had run into him over the years afteer I moved back to Muskogee. He was always a pleasure to be around. I remember his little "happy dance" he would brek into spontaneously. All my love and parayers.

Rick Brown