Monday, July 18, 2011

Thurman Lee Harber Sr.

Thurman Lee Harber Sr, 84, of Monroe, OK passed away Sunday, July 17, 2011 in Monroe, OK. Thurman was born April 15, 1927 in Monroe, OK to William Quirlous & Beulah Leona (Weatherford) Harber. He was a mechanic. Thurman was preceded in death by his parents; brothers L.Z. Harber & Delbert Harber, an infant brother & sister. Survivors include his wife, Jerolene of the home; 3 sons, Thurman & Rose Harber Jr., of Monroe, OK, Dennis Harber and Donny Harber of Pocola, OK; 7 grandchildren, Lee Harber, Matt Cordes, Tiffany Harber, David Harber, Brian Harber, Blandon Deen, & Hansel Deen; 4 Great Grandchildren; brother, Allen Harber of Eufaula, OK; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services will be 2 pm, Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau, OK with Rev. Les Scroggins officiating. Interment will follow in Monroe Cemetery, Monroe, OK. Pallbearers will be Thurman Harber Jr., Dennis Harber, Donny Harber, Brian Harber, Blandon Deen and Hansel Deen.

3 comments:

Michael Gellett said...

This is Bertie's youngest son Michael.

I am sorry to hear that Uncle Thurman passed away. Still remember fondly the visit when I was a kid with the hay bales that Uncle Thurman was working on in the field.

Swimming in the quarries with my cousins. And the puppies with their usually over protective mother that let me and my siblings play with the puppies.

He was a good man and will be missed Aunt Jerry. My heart and thoughts go out to you and my cousins in these difficult times.

M.L. Reed said...

Dianne and I extend our sincere condolences to the Harber family. Thurman was a great person and an outstanding citizen of Monroe. He was an excellent mechanic and worked on numerous automobiles and lawnmowers of mine. I remember Thurman working on my dad's cars over fifty years ago. In return, dad would cut Thurman's hair. I know Thurman got the worst end of the deal because dad also cut me and my brother's hair, and we have pictures that tell the sad story. Thurman never charged enough for his work and he was always willing to help you. Thurman was an extremely honest individual with great integrity. He was an institution in the town of Monroe, and he will be greatly missed. I am glad that he was my friend. Please know that we are praying for your family during this very difficult time.

CFGellett said...

We are so sorry to hear that Thurman passed away. We have many good memories that Bertie and I will treasure always. We were always welcome when we came for a visit. He loved to tease the grandchildren, and enjoyed giving them rides on his lawn tractor. May our thoughts and prayers be with in the difficult days ahead. We love you all.

Charles and Bertie Gellett