Friday, December 17, 2010

Mary Margaret Maden

Mary Margaret Maden, 86, of Pocola, OK passed away Thursday, December 16, 2010 in Poteau, OK. Mary was born November 20, 1924 in Shelbyville, Indiana to William Joseph & Helen (Metz) Weintraut. She was a homemaker & retired from Pocola Nursing Center. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, Matthew Maden; child, Kenneth Maden & Alexius Williams; granddaughter, Shanna Short; and great grandchildren, Jacob Maden Jr., Kara Lyn Maden. Survivors include 4 daughters, Karen Pirker of Hackett, AR, Elizabeth Prall of Lakeland, FL, Mary Jackson of Ft. Smith, AR, Kathy Skelton of Pocola, OK; 3 sons & daughters in law, Larry & Phyllis Maden of Ft. Smith, AR, Terry & Dorothy Maden of Colfax, Iowa, Anthony Maden of Pocola, OK; 25 grandchildren, 48 great grandchildren, 13 great great grandchildren; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services will be held 2 pm, Monday, December 20, 2010 in Evans Memorial Chapel in Pocola, OK with Rev. Roger Myers officiating. Interment will follow in Macedonia Cemetery, Pocola, OK. Pallbearers will be James Jackson, Jacob Maden, Eddie Lovell, Terry Prall, Danny Stouffer & Texas Prall. Honorary pallbearers will be Joshua Maden, Mark Lovell & Colt Prall. The family will be at the funeral home on Sunday afternoon from 2-4 pm to visit with family & friends.

1 comment:

Irene Cantrell said...

Mary, I just dont have the words that will explain how much you meant to me. You were one of a kind, and it will never be the same without you. You were always so bubbly and full of energy, I could tell how much you liked being a Red Hatter and everyone loved being around you.
We go back a long time, in the 60s when Liz and I were running buddies. I loved spending the night at your house with Liz and your family. I enjoyed our trips to the Red Hat dinners, and enjoyed our ride, and our conversations about past and the present. You always knew how to light up a party. I miss you so much already. Your family will miss you more than you ever even suspected. You know its not the same without their mom, and grandma, and Aunt, and a friend.
I know you are holding hands with God while he is taking you on the Tour of your life. There is no doubt in my mind or anyone else where you are at this minute. . In the mean time, please put in a good word to God for me and we will see you again. I am so sorry you were so sick. I Love you and I will never forget you.----Irene Cantrell