Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Joy A. Odom

Joy A. Odom, 69, of Poteau, Oklahoma passed away on Tuesday, February 3, 2009 in Fort Smith, AR. Joy was born on November 14, 1939 in Albion, OK to James & Alta (Wilson) Miller. She was a member of the first graduating class of RN’s at Carl Albert State College. Joy was preceded in death by her husband, Carl D. Odom; her grandson, Carlton Trent Odom; 2 nephews, Earl Miller & Carl Miller, Jr., and her parents. Joy is survived by 2 daughters, Vonda Thedford of Edgewood, NM & Carla Firestine of Liberty, OK; 2 sons Keith Odom of Pocola, OK & Trent Odom of Jonesville, LA; 2 brothers Carl Miller of Albion, OK & Danny Miller of Miami, OK; a sister Diannah Yeager of Fort Smith, AR; 11 grandchildren, Amanda Eilers, Heather Williams, Jessica Means, Heath Odom, Timmy Carl Means, Joy Michelle Burge, Carl Odom, Sancee Odom, Zackary Odom, Wrangler Firestine, & Briley Odom, 11 great grandchildren; numerous other relatives & loved ones and many beloved friends. Funeral services for Joy were held at 2:00 pm Thursday, February 5, 2009 at Gospel Tabernacle in Poteau, OK with the Reverend Sonny Daniels & the Reverend Carl Daniels officiating. Interment followed the services in Ellis Chapel Cemetery in Wister, OK with arrangements under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home of Poteau, OK. Pallbearers were R.L. Long, Arvil Nelson, Bob Carter, John Firestine, Mike Rogers, Harold Means, & Heath Cosgrove.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Carl and Sancee, I was sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother Odom, but am praying that God will be with you and the rest of your family during this time of adjustment. I am still here for you both and love you with the love of the Lord. God be with you, Pastor Joe "PJ" Atkinson

Unknown said...

Hello Carl and Sancee, I was sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother Odom. Please know that I am praying for you and your entire family in the adjustment. Remember that I am still hear for you both and care about you a lot. Take care and let God be with you daily. In Christian Love, Pastor Joe "PJ" Atkinson

Anonymous said...

We will miss Joy's smiling face.


Bill & Teri Pickle

Anonymous said...

Joy was a true friend. Her heart reached in every direction. If you knew her, then you automatically loved her.

She was one of those people that would never judge who you were or what you did. She would be the first to be there for you in need.

I cherish her friendship because it never had conditions. She was an angel long before her death.I will forever be proud that I met her and shared this life with her on Earth.

I can just imagine how blessed Heaven is with her presence ! Dee

Anonymous said...

Hello family of Joy. I am so sorry for your loss. I was trying to locate an address for Joy and googled her name and learned of her recent passing. I would like to contact someone in the family. I am related through my father George Miller, who passed in August 2003 and my mother, Lucille, passed in September 2008. My email is debbymichael@sbcglobal.net and my phone number is 281-379-4684.