Monday, September 20, 2021

Donna Sue Hollingsworth

Donna Sue (Farrar) Hollingsworth, 70, of  Cameron, OK  passed away Saturday, September 18, 2021  in Cameron.  Donna affectionally known as "Ms Donna" to many, was born April 8, 1951 in Poteau, OK to Lenard and Mossie(Anderson) Farrar. Donna was preceded in death by her parents.

Donna was a school teacher for Poteau Public Schools where she taught kindergarten or 2nd grade for over 30 years. She was a lifelong member of Liberty Hill Baptist Church where she served as pianist and treasurer.

Donna is survived by her loving husband of 48 years Charles; Son Eric Hollingsworth of Moore, OK; Daughters Kyla Evans and husband Bryan of Muskogee, and Dara Hollingsworth of Ardmore, OK; Beloved grandchildren James and Mary Sue Evans; Sister Barbara Mackey of Cameron; Brothers Larry Farrar of Cameron, OK, Steve Farrar and wife D of Ketchum, OK; and a host of nieces, nephews, other relatives, loved ones and friends.

Funeral Services will be 10:00 am, Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at the Liberty Hill Baptist Church with Rev. Travis Cook officiating. Interment to follow in the Greenhill Cemetery.

Visitation will be Tuesday, September 21, 2021 from 6pm-8pm at the Funeral Home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of Donna's passing. She was one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met and when I started coming to Liberty Hill she made me and my girls feel so welcome. Hugs to all of you. Prayers of comfort.

Samantha Crawford (Earley) said...

She was a wonderful teacher,I had her for Kindergarten and I still have the apple ornament she gave her students for Christmas in 1994, I think of her every year when I hang it on my tree. She was always so kind .

Diann Henson said...

Always a sweet Christian lady - taught my boys - I know her church will miss her greatly but praise God she is Home

Anonymous said...

She was my teacher in grade school, she was a lovely lady and i am so sad to hear of her passing i hope it was peaceful

Nanny Linda said...

Chuck I am so sorry to hear this.Donna was both my boys kindergarten teacher. She first had Kendall and I went to her to see if Kelly could be in her class. She said she did not have the authority to do that, but I always believed she did something, as She was Kelly’s teacher. They both loved her. She gave Kelly his first whipping, which was my fault. I had always pretended to pop my nose, while clicking my thumbnail, well Kelly tried to do it on a another little guy at school. I explained to her. Kelly and I have laughed about that often. Prayers and love to your family. You are one of the people I have missed since I retired. Your garden foods, too. Linda(Lynn) Yarbrough.