Sunday, August 9, 2009

John Kelvin Smith

John Kelvin Smith, 45, passed away Friday, August 7, 2009 in Tulsa, OK. John was born in Poteau, OK on May 2, 1964 to Billy Jack SR. & Betty (Bandy) Smith. John worked for KCS Railroad as an engineer. He enjoyed life. John was preceded in death by his father; and a great uncle, Shorty Smith. Survivors include his mother, Betty Smith of Poteau, OK; sister & brother in law, Regina & Steve Peck of Poteau, OK, brother & sister in law, Billy Jack & Ramona Smith of Poteau, OK. 1 niece & 4 nephews, Kinsey Peck, Conner Peck, Jacob Smtih, Joshua Smith & Dalton Smith; 3 uncles & aunts, W.R. 'Babe' & Pat Smith, Lee Roy & Gayle Bandy & Howard Bandy; aunts, Jeanette Chronister& Viola Connelly; great aunt, Wanda Smith; other relaitves & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services: 10 am, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at Southside Baptist Church in Poteau, OK with Rev. Jim Cook officiating. Interment in Monroe Cemetery, Monroe, OK. Pallbearers John Perry, Hadley Chronister, Howard Bandy Jr, Stephen Bandy, Randy Frizzell, Patrick House, Jimmy Roberts & Jose' Chavez. Honorary pallbearers Harry Shanahan, Larry Poe, James Lynch, T.W. Emerson, Tom White, Steve Watson, Don McMillin, "Hoot" Jackson, Tommy Robertson & Jimbo Holstead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John was one of my favorite cousins. Even though I didn't get to see him often, I will sure miss him. He was always good for a laugh.

Levada Connelly Luper

Anonymous said...

John has been my friend since I moved here in the 9th grade. Even though the last few years I would mainly see him around town at lunch. Nothing changed he was always the same. He loved to give me a hard time and I loved it too. John was a great person we all loved!
Traci Coston Barnes

Teresa Holt said...

I have known John all my life.We grew up together and he will always have a special place in my heart.He had such a big heart and a sweet spirit.We will miss you John.I will see you in Heaven.Love Ya....