Monday, March 27, 2017

Bill Maynor



Billy Ray "Bill" Maynor, 70, of  Wilburton, OK passed away Monday, March 27, 2017 at his home.  Bill was born May 18, 1946 in Bokoshe, OK to George & Vera (Clark) Maynor.  He was a logger and a veteran of the US Army.  He was preceded in death by his parents; son, Waylon Crenshaw; 3 sisters, Jeanie, June & Ruth and 2 brothers, Kenneth & Tony.

Survivors include his wife, Rhonda (Biggs) Maynor of the home; daughters, Sandy Hamman, Marci & husband  Leif Bauer all of Poteau, OK; 8 stepdaughters; 18 grandchildren; 2 sisters, Mary Tipton & husband Gilbert, Jo Maner & husband Bob; brother, George Maynor & wife Reah; other relatives, loved ones and friends.

Visitation will be 1-5 pm, Friday, March 31, 2017 at the funeral home.

A Celebration of Life will be held at the Community State Bank Banquet Room at 6 pm, Saturday, April 1, 2017. 

1 comment:

Eddie Graves said...

I was very saddened to learn of Uncle Bill's death. He, Uncle Junior, and I spent much of our childhood and early adulthood together working on the farm at Buck Creek plowing peanuts, potatoes, and corn with a mule; bailing, hauling, and stacking hay; grinding livestock feed with an old model B Farmall tractor; milking cattle; and other farm-type chores. I was employed by Bill 4 or 5 years in the early to mid-70's as a bulldozer operator when he owned an exaction business in Panama. Bill was my mentor and he taught me many things: such as honesty, development of good work ethics, honesty, the value of a dollar, how to operate several types of heavy equipment, and how to weld. I will always have very fond memories of Bill. His smiling face will forever be imprinted in my mind. "Bill, I want you to know that I love you and will miss you until we meet again in Heaven!"