Friday, May 16, 2014

Carolyn Douglas



Carolyn Lou Ann Douglas, 43, of Spiro, OK went to be with her Lord & Savior Wednesday, May 14, 2014 in Spiro.  Carolyn was born January 18, 1971 in Ft. Smith, AR to Jimmy Odell & Betty Lee (Curry) Douglas.  She was a registered nurse.  Carolyn loved nursing, her nieces & nephews, family, cooking and shopping.  Carolyn was preceded in death by her grandparents, Carl & Bonnie Dean, R.B. Douglas, Pat & Andy Newman; brothers, Carl & Robert; aunt, Kim Fulmer; uncles, Steven & Bruce Douglas.

Survivors include her parents, Jimmy & Betty Douglas of Spiro, OK; brothers & sister in law, Jimmy Jr. & Mandy Douglas, Chris Douglas all of Spiro, OK, Jimmy Don Risner of Mansfield, AR; sister & brother in law, Danielle & John Bell of Pocola, OK; nieces & nephews, Halley & Gracey Bell, Brandon , Blaise, Braylee, Braxton Douglas; great nephews, Landon & Bentley Douglas, Jeremy Risner; aunt, Shirley Douglas of Pocola, Cousins, Alma Trent of Keota, Ryan Trent of Pocola, Johnny Maloney, Christine, Allison & Aaron Maloney of Keota, Michelle & Kurt Brown, Shannon & Steven Brown, Allie Fountain, Laurie Douglas, Chevy Phipps, Dalton, Cindy, & Michael Douglas, Darrell McCarson, Curtis, Bryden & Brad Douglas, Dee Dee & Miranda Morman, Rachel, Eric, Daniel, Catlin, Jesse & Adam Douglas, Bruce Fulmer of Fayetteville, Randy Fulmer of Charleston, AR; other loved ones & friends.

Services will be 2 pm, Monday, May 19, 2014 at Evans Memorial Chapel, Pocola, OK with Rev. Matt Duke & Jason Waymire officiating.  Interment will be in Macedonia Cemetery, Pocola.  Pallbearers will be Scott Graham, Toby Amos, Bobby & Alden Henson, Jeff Fox, Tony Williams, Kenny Garner.  Honorary pallbearers will be Jeff Smith, Charlie Halley, Aaron Jeffcoat, Darrell McCarson, John Bell.

The family will be at the funeral home in Pocola on Sunday evening from 6-8 pm to visit with relatives & friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always kind. The strength of her family, she won't be missed, she already is may God bless them all during this difficult time

Unknown said...

I did not know you well, but what I did know of you was caring, giving, and willing to do whatever it took to help someone. You will be missed my many, and loved by hundreds. Your smile was infectious to anone who would have the pleasure of seeing it, and I pray that Jesus has his arms wrapped around you giving you all the love we seek here on earth. RIP sweet Carolyn until we meet again on that beautiful shore. <3

Unknown said...

I can say that "Sis" was a wonderful person to be around, always smiling and laughing. We are going to miss her and just hope that all of her family will somehow find comfort during this difficult time. She was a great friend to have and always someone you could count on.

Shannon Williams said...

Sis was such a beautiful person and always had a smile on her face. For the longest time I couldn't remember her first name because everyone in the family always called her Sis, so I did as well. :) Sis worked very hard to become an RN and I was so proud of her for that, she was an inspiration to me. She will be greatly missed. God Bless her family and may he watch over them in this difficult time.
Love, Shannon

Pat said...

SIS, You will be missed you just didn't know how much you where loved so many people. I know you are at rest now with all your loved ones. I just could not come to see you today. The last time I saw you was with your Mom and you was having fun. you with that pretty smile. I know you and Velda and your Brothers are having A good time No more troubles or Pain.I love you all and we will be together one day. Love forever Pat

Unknown said...

This is such a hard day to swallow. SIS you were the best person I ever knew. I have loved our time together. I wish we had more. We just made plans for this summer. I will never forget you. I know where you are and I know you are in peace there. I can only wish I can be as sweet of a person as you were. I will always remember you. I will continue to pray for your family. They have went thru more pain then one family should have to go thru. My heart aches for all of them. To lose a person like you are is unbelievable. I Love You SIS . Rest In Peace Beautiful Girl.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, sorry to hear about your daughter passing. Pray for you and your family to get through this ok. Know I'm late with this but God is always with us. Take care. Vicky Hobbs Friddle