Saturday, March 9, 2013

Audry Abernathy Sampson



Audry Sampson, 91, of Poteau, OK passed away Monday, March 4, 2013 in Fort Smith, AR.  Audry was born July 25, 1921 in Milton, OK to Dolar E. & Mary Elizabeth (Tolbert) Abernathy.  She was a school teacher.  Audry was preceded in death by her husband, Herman.

Survivors include her sister & brother in law, Frankie & Dwight Blankenship of Stigler, OK; brother, Ed Abernathy of Poteau; stepsons & their wives, Hershell & Nella Sampson of Sapulpa, OK, Dean & Sharon Sampson of Roland, OK; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends.

Services will be 2 pm, Wednesday, March 6, 2012 at the First Baptist Church in Poteau with Rev. Phil McGehee and Rev. Clayton Griggs officiating.  Interment will be in Oakland Cemetery, Poteau.  Pallbearers will be Carold Abernathy, Rodney Abernathy, Chris Blankenship, Gary Abernathy, Bryan Abernathy, & Brent Sterling. 



1 comment:

Medenna Walton said...

Oh, how I loved you, Mrs. Sampson. You believed in me and gave me so much knowledge that I have used my entire life. I will be forever grateful to have had you as a mentor and teacher.