Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kenny Dean Hebert

Kenny Dean Hebert, 66, of Poteau, OK passed away January 5, 2010 in Ft. Smith, AR. He was born October 23, 1954 in Poteau to Harold & Geraldine (Flanagan) Hebert. Kenny was a member of Victory Worship Center of Spiro, OK. He was a beloved husband & an excellent & caring father who raised his children with love & knowledge. He was a generous son & brother & a greatly anticipated grandpa. He opened many young minds at Carl Albert State College as an educator. He opened many hearts to the Lord through his work at the church & as a Sunday School teacher. Kenny was a Sooner fan in the best & worst of times. Kenny was a Good Shepherd to his flock in more ways than one. He was active in the Eagle Scouts & 4H members; an avid FFA supporter; had received several professorship awards at CASC; & was a Deacon of Assemblies of God for many years. He went home to be with his Lord & Savior & family members. He was preceded in death by his father & a brother in law, Phillip McDonald. Survivors include his beloved wife of 35 years & 11 months, Priscilla Hebert of the home; son, Andy Hebert of the home; daughter & son in law, Tracy Hebert Lamb & Jeremy Lamb of Poteau, OK; mother, Geraldine Hebert of the home; sister, Carol St. John of Arlington, VA; brothers & sister in law, Jim Hebert of Poteau, OK, Phillip & Brenda Hebert of Poteau, OK; father in law & mother in law, Arthur E. & Juanita McDonald of Ft. Smith, AR ; brothers in law & sisters in law, Gary & Jeanne McDonald of Barling, AR, Tanya & Gene Young of Ft. Smith, AR, Clyde & Barbara McDonald of Sugarloaf, AR, Danny & Karen McDonald of Alma, AR; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services were held 2 pm, Friday, January 8, 2010 at Victory Worship Center, Spiro, OK with Rev. Brian Fout, Rev. Steve Hughes, & Rev. Clyde McDonald officiating. Interment followed in Oakland Cemetery, Poteau, OK. Pallbearers were Jerry Holton, Steve Hughes, Rob Wylie, Danny Wann, Jeremy Lamb & Eric Lamb. Evans & Miller Funeral Home, Poteau, OK

7 comments:

Scott Williams said...

Mr. Hebert was the greatest teacher I ever had and taught me so much at carl albert in human anatomy and about 5 years later I started going to church at Victory Worship Center and he was my sunday school teacher. I've learned so much from this great man and he will be greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

May your soul rest in eternal peace, Mr. Hebert. You'll be greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

You will be missed by so many, but we know you are with Jesus and someday we will all be in that glorious place, until then we will enjoy our sweet memories of our times here on earth that we were able to have.
Our Prayers are with you Priscilla, and all of the Family.
God is with you....
We love you
Connie & Lloyd
(1/7/10)

Teresa Bagwell said...

Mr. Hebert was such a wonderful teacher. I was a student of his and I was a non traditional student. I was in my late 40's and he was able to make me understand so much. His was my first class and I worked all night, so needless to say, I was very sleepy. He managed to get through the fog to teach me.
I am very sorry for your loss. He was a wonderful person.

Scott Williams said...

Mr. Hebert was the greatest teacher I ever had and taught me so much at carl albert in human anatomy and about 5 years later I started going to church at Victory Worship Center and he was my sunday school teacher. I've learned so much from this great man and he will be greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Hebert was such a great teacher when I attended CASC. I remember him being such a caring person, who was always willing to help you when needed (which for me was alot). I hate to hear of your families loss, and pray that God will guide your family through this difficult time.
Sincerely,
Shawna Smith (Jackson)

MsTaken said...

Mr. Hebert was one of the nicest teachers I had during my college career. He cared about his students and did what he could to help them succeed. I attended CASC when it was still CAJC.