Sunday, December 27, 2009

Robert W. Sisson

Robert W. Sisson, 63, of Wister, OK passed away Wednesday, December 23, 2009 in Poteau, OK. He was born September 10, 1946 in New Orleans, LA to Robert & Margie Sisson Robert was a foster parent for 12 years. He fostered 72 children; one special foster child Gena Jones & her daughter Glenda of Tulsa. He was married to Glenda M. Sisson for 32 years. He had a very special friend, Rev. Lee Vaughn. Robert was an oil field worker. He was preceded in death by his parents, Robert & Margie Sisson; father & mother in law, O.C. & Mildred Sampson; brothers in law, Virgil & James Sampson; brother Chance West & daughters in law, Sherry Langston & Errica Sisson. Survivors include his wife, Glenda W. Sisson of the home; daughters & sons in law, Tammy & Wally Lambert of Oklahoma City, OK, Teresa & Earl Seagraves of Spiro, OK, Diane & Kevin Yarbrough of Greenbriar, AR; sons & daughters in law, David & Mary Langston of Madill, OK, Russell Broussard of Howe, OK, Bobby Sisson and Brian Sisson of S. Carolina; Glenn Sisson of Wister, OK, Cody Shipman & Jessica Whitlow of Oklahoma City, OK; Godson, Mitch Sampson of Poteau, OK, Sister & brother in law, Candy & Dickie Welch of Oklahoma City, OK, Brother, Dennis Johnon of Ardmore, OK; 36 grandchildren; 22 great grandchildren; special sister & her husband, Elaine & Cliff Midgley; special grandson, Heith Sulivant; special friend, Trish Hildebrant; other relatives & loved ones; many beloved friends. Services were held 2 pm, Monday, December 28, 2009 at Mt. View Baptist Church in Glendale, OK with Rev. P.J. Atkinson & Rev. Tim Trent officiating. Special Speaker, Pat Gowdy. Interment followed in Mt. View Cemetery. Pallbearers were George Midgley, Lance Midgley, Jason Sampson, John Sampson, Ronnie Vance, Danny Sampson, Phil Migues Jr. & Matt Sanders.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say sorry to hear. You will be missed. Thank you for being there for me when my parents wouldnt be. Ginny Sharum/ Brock

Diane Langston-Yarbrough said...

Daddy by now I'm sure you & Janice are rejoicing with Granny and many others & especially with our Heavenly Father..Oh how I miss you so much the pain is still so hard to handle but I know you have a new body. I love & miss you so much if Heaven wasn't so far away I would pack up and drive and bring Momma and all the Grandson's and yes Heith also..he's serving the Lord with all his heart now..Love you so much your baby girl Diane

Diane Yarbrough said...

Daddy it's been almost 3 years now and I know your in a better place it's still sometimes hard to handle. I find myself so much like you as time goes by. Momma misses you so much and as I know you know how hard it gets I still keep on going and keeping my faith just as u taught me..tell Granny & Papa I miss them and love her lots.. Love & hugs your baby girl Diane-broken hearted :(