Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thomas Harrington Taylor

Thomas Harrington Taylor, 73, of Poteau, OK passed away on Tuesday, October 7, 2008 in Poteau. He was born on January 8, 1935 in Waco, Texas to James & Nannie Velma (Holt) Taylor. He was retired from the US Army. His wife Cindy Taylor preceded him in death in 2005. His parents; a brother; and a sister also precede him in death. Thomas is survived by 4 daughters & a son in law, Tammy & Bob Yeargan of Benton, AR; Regina Taylor of Fort Smith, AR; Lisa Taylor & Melanie Potter, both of Poteau, OK; a son & daughter in law, Thomas H. Jr. & Kathy Taylor of Buford, GA; 4 grandchildren Ashlea Crane, Matthew Corley, Jennifer Vogel, & Nathan Taylor; 3 great grandchildren, Jayden Thomas Taylor, Claire Taylor, & Nyklos Vogel; 2 brothers, William Taylor & Donnie Taylor both of Waco, Texas; numerous other relatives & loved ones; and many beloved friends. Funeral services for Thomas were held at 11:00 am Friday, October 10, 2008 at Fort Smith National Cemetery in Fort Smith, Arkansas with the Reverend Jimmy D. Cook officiating. Interment followed the services with arrangements under the direction of Evans & Miller Funeral Home of Poteau, OK. Pallbearers were Kendall Ballew, Bob Yeargan, Jimmy Garcia, & Matthew Corley. Honorary pallbearer was Jayden Thomas Taylor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words can not express how much this wonderful man is missed. Papa, I love you and miss you so much that it hurts. At times I will just find myself smiling because I have thought of something you have done or said or seen something that reminds me of you...I also often just cry because I miss you and grandma so much that at times its hard to catch my breath. I LOVE YOU...<3 Ashlea

Anonymous said...

I really miss you Daddy! I can barely think about you and Mom being gone. Until I see you both again - I LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!! lisa

Anonymous said...

This man was the greatest man I ever knew...I will love and miss you everyday of my life...Until I see you again my heart has a hugh hole in it...I love you Daddy...Regina

Anonymous said...

Daddy, I will love and miss you everyday of my life...until I see you again in Heaven my heart has a hugh hole in it...You were the greatest man I ever knew...Love you to the moon and back....Regina