Monday, April 5, 2021

Michael Smith

 


            Michael Dewayne Smith, 50, of Shady Point, Oklahoma passed away in March of 2021. He is deeply missed by his family and loved ones.

Mike was predeceased  by his grandfather Howard Smith, grandmother Burtis Morris, uncles Gary Morris and Howard McGrath. He is survived by his father Johnnie Smith, mother Cathy Smith, grandmother Lois Smith, brother Bradley Smith and wife Rachel, nephew Canon Smith, and niece Carson Smith. Mike attended Panama High School and lived and worked in the area his entire life. During his time, Mike made many friends and enjoyed spending time with his family. Mike was an extremely talented artist, avid reader, and lover of music. He also enjoyed fishing with his family and spending time with his niece and nephew. 

The family asks that all remember Mike as the kind and loving person that he was. 

Services are pending at this time.

3 comments:

Stacy Goins Casey said...

Fly with the Angels Mike, Ill miss our conversations while you were working, Hurt no more my friend

Keith Baldwin said...

And thats exactly what he was,very kind, enjoyed Mike's friendship growing up, very sad he's gone.

Currens said...

This has saddened my soul. Mike you were an iconto me. Your personality and talent were beyond words. You were humble and kind. I introduced Gracie to you a few years ago in Walmart. It was weird how I had been talking about you to her. For years she had pestered me about how to draw. She wanted me to teach her because she thought I could draw. I told her about you. I said, "Sweetheart one of these days, I'm gonna introduce you to the best artist I've ever seen. He can draw anything you want. I went to high-school with him. He drew me a picture one time of two deer standing by a stream in the forest. There were squirrels and birds in the trees. it. Just sat down with a piece of paper and BAM, there it was. I always cherished it. He may be famous now. I haven't seen him in years." Then we see you in Walmart a few days laterp. She's really shy and has anxiety about meeting new people but she looked at you and listened to how quietly and humbly you talked with awe and rapt attention. She never forgot you and neither will I. You will always be loved Mike and I will never stop telling people about this amazing guy and artist I knew in school. Barbara Currens